New Contributor

Why stop at 3X on your larger sizes for clothing? Many of us ladies need extended sizes. Why not have a special program for 2X-6X?

New Contributor

I wholeheartily agree!  I have watched QVC from the beginning - before they went through name changes and had hosts such as Kathy Levine.  I've wondered over the years why they increased the smaller sizes and stopped at 2x, sometimes 3x, for the larger range. I imagine economics has been a factor but have they looked at finding a specific designer willing to gear their clothes to the larger sizes?  It would be nice to have designs which are flattering and not frumpy. Hopefully, their collection would include several separates, allowing us to mix and match.  Once word got out, I think QVC would be happy with their profits.

Valued Contributor

Why not have a separate channel for the large sizes instead of all those stupid channels where there is nothing different frfom the norm.  I think this would bring in far more money to QVC but personally, America has gone overboard with the large and it is not healthy as the news reports.  By contrast, QVC needs more smaller sizes and definiotely narrow shoes....all the models are as skinny as a rail (too thin) and yet they try to sell large sizes....doesn't make sense.

Contributor

Thank you for bringing this up here.  I started a thread over on the fashion forum, but it's good to have it here too. 

Years ago QVC blithely added XXS and XS to the small end of the size range in almost every style from every designer, but they haven't had any corresponding addition of 4X-5X to the large end of the size spectrum. I suspect TPTB at QVC think they aren't interested in dressing women of size, who are not generally accepted as being at all stylish.

I think QVC is losing out on a lucrative market. We ladies of size  work outside the home, hold down full time jobs in corporate America, are active in our places of worship and our kids' schools, and we have real social lives that require quality dressing. But unless someone takes a chance, offers a few styles in say the Denim & Co and Isaac Mizrahi lines to start with, they'll never know. My guess is that the 4X-5X styles would sell out quickly.

Honored Contributor

Wonder if Melissa McCartney still has her line over at HSN. She had nice clothes, but, they weren't moderate priced.

Honored Contributor

We have no way of knowing why the decision was made to only carry sizes up to 3X, but they usually carry merchandise in sizes for which they know there'll be a demand. If some sort of market research was done 25 years ago, it might now be obsolete. I've heard and read plenty about how underserved the larger sized woman is and how fortunes could be made clothing her.

Nobody in management at QVC is ever going to see your complaints here.  You all need to contact a merchandising manager or VP and give that person your ideas. Now might be a good time to do it with new people in many jobs all looking to improve things.

By the way, many of the items QVC carries are oversized and will often fit a 4X. The Denim & Co., line often has tees described as "oversized" which should fit a 4X.  Know the measurements you need by measuring a well fitting item you own, and read "click here" measurements to find things that will fit you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you look at catalogs and websites, as well as b&m stores, 3X is most commonly all they go up to/offer. Some have a very limited range of clothing in 4X-6X. It isn’t just QVC, it’s manufacturers and most retailers.

What I have noticed is that whereas traditionally 1X was 18-20, 2X was 22-24 and 3X was 26-28, more and more stores and manufacturers have decided that a 3X is 24/26, leaving those who wear a 26/28 3X out of the picture now. I’ve also experienced very little fit/size difference in some manufacturers between sizes, i.e. a 2X and a 3X are pretty close to the same. If they keep that up, then yes, they will create an artificial need for more 4X, due to the resizing.

We already see that QVC doesn’t feature true 2X and 3X sized models, and I don’t see that changing. If they don’t show those sized models on camera now, they will never show 4-6X sized models on camera. 

Half a dozen people here are calling for larger sizes; many more posters than that request all kinds of mdse that doesn’t happen. I’m just saying...don’t hold your breath on this.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@boiki  I'm not sure what size 4x or 5x would convert to, but Torrid sells sizes up to size 30.  They are geared towards "younger" ladies, but I find some of their fashions would work for ladies of any age.  They offer discounts, and mail coupons if you get on their mailing lists.  Their bras are fabulous and not too expensive.  They don't have a lot of brick and mortar stores, but their website is easy to navigate. 

......You look like I need a drink.....