Honored Contributor

I have noticed lately that QVC & HSN hosts need help with telling us the colors of what they are presenting.  It seems like their cards are mixed up.  At one point they did start labeling the jeans color so they could tell us the correct color.  I think they should do this with everything.  It would help the hosts from struggling with colors.

Trusted Contributor

They keep making up new wackadoodle names, sometimes for the same colors between brands, no wonder it gets confusing. What comes to mind when you hear Grassy Knoll?

Honored Contributor

Re: Labeling The Products

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina wrote:

They keep making up new wackadoodle names, sometimes for the same colors between brands, no wonder it gets confusing. What comes to mind when you hear Grassy Knoll?

@Caffeina 

I think the people responsible for the naming now are probably too young to realize what that connotes.

As for the goofy color names, I agree.  It would be a lot easier for everyone, especially customers, to simplify the names and to make them more descriptive of what the color actually is!

Honored Contributor

Re: Labeling The Products

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina ..............What comes to mind when I hear grassy knoll is President Kennedy's assassination.  If that is a color name of something its a very poor choice.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Agree, I'm for the KISS school (Keep it simple stupid) because I may not know what color "Peony" is supposed to be. Add a descriptor if need be (light, dark, bright or similar). No wonder the hosts need to find the index card when talking color.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Caffeina ..............What comes to mind when I hear grassy knoll is President Kennedy's assassination.  If that is a color name of something its a very poor choice.

A598409

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie @Caffeina 

Perhaps I'm too young to know what Grassy Knoll means but to me I think of a deep Kelly type green. I have no idea what it means in reference to Kennedy. 

Honored Contributor

Yes the grassy knoll color reminds me of the JFK assassination in Dallas. That was the term used to describe the hillside next to the street.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky   This has been suggested numerous times but never adopted, like most of our suggestions.  It would be beneficial to both the hosts and the customers.

I've only seen the NYDJs labeled and that seems to be the manufacturers tag, not QVC's .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie @Caffeina 

Perhaps I'm too young to know what Grassy Knoll means but to me I think of a deep Kelly type green. I have no idea what it means in reference to Kennedy. 

@cjm61   @Caffeina   @Imaoldhippie

What comes to mind when you hear the color "Joshua Tree"?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment