Valued Contributor

LORI GOLDSTEIN - THINK ABOUT US!

I have a couple of Lori Goldstein's tops but that is it.....there is another world besides NYC and surrounding areas.  We call it the West - all the way to Hawaii even!  Number one I wish Lori would stop wearing the jeans she does NOT sell, or is available; and number two, hardly ever will she make something short sleeved or elbow length sleeve and who the heck can run around in sleeveless tops but the models  and young ones.  Lori, you NEVER wear them, why do you constantly push them on the middle age woman?  And then there are the petite women who constantly get over-looked on QVC  albeit bras, narrow shoes, pants, tops and dresses.  Lori, we do not want to look like bag-ladies with tops that are so full and then too long.  Granted it is expensive to have to make various sizes but that's your business you chose, do it right or don't do it at all....and that goes for ALL QVC vendors!

Contributor

Re: LORI GOLDSTEIN - THINK ABOUT US!

Well said!  I don't know how the LOGO ladies wear this stuff that hangs down all over the place. I find it annoying and not flattering to the figure. As a petite, I feel like I'm drowning in her clothes. The only people who look good are the tall, slender models. Sorry, but that's my opinion. I stopped buying Lori's clothes several years ago. I live in NJ and honestly, how many layers can one wear??? Even in my climate it's not necessary..  Yes, it would be nice if vendors would include all sizes but why do the tops have to be so long??  But she sells like crazy..

Honored Contributor

I admire Lori Goldstein as a designer and free spirit.  She seems like a nice person and has much entusiasm for her designs.

With that being said I have to say I cannot wear her clothes.  I ordered about three or four pieces, a couple when she first came on the Q .  I had to send each item back because while the garment fit, it didn't do anything for me.  I am a plus size and her designs do not flatter my figure but in fact make me look bigger.  I have to agree with the poster who said her designs look good on the tall slender models.  

This isn't to say plus size women shouldn't wear Lori's designs.  If they are comfortable and happy with the fit, then that is fine.  But for me it just doesn't work.

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC owns all (or most) of LOGO so they heavily promote the brand hoping that even if the customer doesn't like the item after getting it home, the return shipping will be so prohibitive the woman will either donate it or leave it hanging in her closet.  I believe their whole emphasis is on showing clothes that aren't form fitting.  They market the brand heavily and then hope that enough new viewers will try the brand to offset all those who don't like it.

Honored Contributor

@charlygeorge wrote:

Well said!  I don't know how the LOGO ladies wear this stuff that hangs down all over the place. How?   Quite easily and quite happily.  I find it annoying and not flattering to the figure. As a petite, I feel like I'm drowning in her clothes. The only people who look good are the tall, slender models. Sorry, but that's my opinion. I stopped buying Lori's clothes several years ago. I live in NJ and honestly, how many layers can one wear???  How about one at a time? It is not a requirement to buy LOGO clothes that you layer them.  I thought people would realize that on their own, but apparently not, given your post.  Even in my climate it's not necessary..  Yes, it would be nice if vendors would include all sizes but why do the tops have to be so long??  But she sells like crazy..

@charlygeorge  My responses to your post are in red.

Honored Contributor

I've been tempted to buy because I LOVE her colors.  But I don't like the style, wish she made more dresses & skirts.   What little she has sells out pretty quick or when I finally notice, my size is gone.  I'm a Medium or Large, depending on the style.

But I always get the giggles watching her reach down & pull up the layers on the model or host.    Reminds me when I was a kid, about to go to church with my family & my mom would pull up my hem a bit to see if I remembered my slip.   Yeah I'm that old.

Anyway, I wonder what the models feel like when she starts pulling up the layers.   It's just so odd to me for grown women.

Honored Contributor

I always wondered why Amy hosts the LOGO shows. That just accentuates the fact that the tops should be available in petite sizes. Every LOGO top she models overwhelms her small frame, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Totally agree - but QVC's philosophy isn't for the petite shopper but the plus shopper - QVC needs to make  a shopping channel devoted  to the plus shopper.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

If Logo is on, I just change the channel.  I don't want to look like a bag woman. who wears everything she owns at once.  Just look at Lori, would you go out in public with hair and clothes like that?  She's a one trick pony who needs to learn another trick.  All her clothes look the same to me.