Respected Contributor

Re: Keep your receipt when you mail back a return !!!

I recently had a return take almost 3 weeks to post after it was delivered at their facility. CS tried to blame a holiday, that it was signed for on a Friday night, all kinds of delay excuses. Amother return on the same day posted in one week. The second return finally posted but it was messed up in their system somewhere. I try to return as little as possible...both were clearance tops. I think unless I have ordered the item previously and know the fit, I’m staying away from clearance...anyway, glad I kept my USPS tracking number.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I always snap a picture of the return label with the tracking number on it. Then you can have a copy of it to track the package. 

That is such good advice.

I take pictures (on my phone) of all kinds of things.

Every now & then I purge what I don't need.

I can't keep up with all the little pieces of paper I manage to accumulate.

When I shop at B&M stores, I will take a picture of an item, showing the price.

Then I can compare prices.    I've never tried to use it to get price matching, tho.

Honored Contributor

My post office doesn't give receipts if you use a pre-paid label.  They scan it while you're standing there so that's sufficient.  If it was scanned, there should be no problem tracking it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My post office scans the label and gives reciepts for packages when I use the pre paid label.

I did have QVC say they never recieved a return. But I had my reciept to prove that I mailed the package. My account was credited the same day.

Respected Contributor

One time and ony one time did I just pop a package with a return label without the recept from the clerk. Naturally, that was one the one that was stolen.

I think unscrupulous postal employees look for packages with that scan. I ask for the receipt when I am returning packages. One employee gave me grief, but I insisted. One package took six weeks for QVC to receive it. It was a good thing that I had my PO receipt in addition to their tracking number. I was credited the amout immediately.

Always  take the extra time for that package receipt/scan from a PO clerk.

Honored Contributor

the post offices i use always gives receipts, even for prepaid items. i have not been able to figure out why some will and some wont.

i never just drop an item and leave it there......i always ask for a receipt.

i do like the idea of taking a pic of the label.

i dont return often, but my returns seem to take 3 to 4 weeks. if it is getting longer than that i page a mod here and they take care of it quickly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

When I use the pre-paid label and foolishly place the package in my mailbox (our P.O. is quite a distance from my house), I take a close-up photo of my return label on the package.   Fortunately, I never had an issue returning. 

However, one time, my replacement never made it back to my house--I joked with the QVC Cust. Serv. Rep. that someone is looking good in my Sports Saavy outfit, and the Q sent a replacement no questions asked.

Valued Contributor

I usually put my packages in the mailbox with the flag up. Only large boxes go to the post office. Even large boxes sometimes get handed to the postman if I catch him.

This is disturbing. I just checked my order status and see everything is is up to date except a few things I returned last week. When I go to the post office I usually keep the receipt, but 90% of the time I put it in the mailbox with no receipt.

Contributor

Great idea @grandma petes.

Having a picture of the tracking number should lessen any issues on the customer's end as far as the return being sent. 

Contributor

Same as @Kachina624, whether I hand a QVC return with prepaid sticker to either my mailman or take it to the local postoffice, I am never given a receipt.  However, the return is immediately scanned and usually shows up as such in my email shortly thereafter.

I do remember an instance a while ago when I requested a receipt from a postal clerk and she basically just handed me a USPS ticket which she then stamped with the date.