Contributor

Presenters of jewelry need to show the  backs of earrings.  This includes showing what the earring post closure looks like, not just the backside of the earring.  Even on line pictures do not often show the post closure.  This may be because most earring backs are the cheap plastic or silicone fasteners.  However, the hosts seem to be talking too much about other things being whispered into their ears and not taking time for full disclosure of the item.  Hosts also seem to forget to show braclet and necklace closures.  Back in the day while watching Kathy Levin do jewelry was always a pleasure- she always showed these parts.  It doesn't take more than a few seconds to do this particulary at the early time in a presentation. 

Respected Contributor

If they don't show the whole thing, of any item,  there is something wrong with it.  Best to stay away.  IMO of course.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

@32degrees   I completely agree. I will not purchase earrings unless I can see where the post is placed. My earlobe is stretched and it makes a difference to me. 

Contributor

Where to begin with jewelry presentations!  I watched silver the other day and never saw any Host show the clasp let alone how the clasp opened and closed.  Hosts are not showing all angles of rings.  If a ring is on a finger their hands move so much with all the nonsense talking you can't get a good look, let alone the underneath side.  Earrings, I agree with not showing posts and how earring open and close if their are level backs, etc.

Jewelry is a personal choice I don't care where you bought yours  or you have one in every color.  Show the jewelry for what it is so we can access the pieces.  

And show options in the beginning of presentation.  Too many times there's so much jibbering that Hosts are half way thru the presentation and say Oh, I guess I need to go through colors, choices.

One of the very best jewelry presenters was let go.  She did an excellent job describing each and every piece!

Lets have Jeff and Erin present jewelry!!!!!  They get it.

Honored Contributor

I think it's intentional that they don't show the underside of rings...that's where you can tell how cheaply it was made. Same goes with earrings, clasps, etc. I want to see the whole item from different angles.

Honored Contributor

I also need to see the underside of rings.  I wear two different sizes depending upon whether there is a gallery or not.  I bought the beautiful Welo black opal and it turns on my hand.  Didn't dare exchange because this one has really good color.