Contributor

Just because I posted a blog earlier concerning the way products are being sold and the way I feel about some of the show hosts, does not mean I want to see any critical comments.  I've wanted to say these things for a long, long time to someone who matters at QVC.  QVC has become the number one shopping channel on TV and has millions of loyal customers.  For many people who can't get out to shop, QVC has been a very convenient way to shop.  Some things need to be addressed, especially for those of us who have supported and spent thousands and thousands of dollars over the years.  I don't want to be unkind in any way.   I'm more interested in the product being presented in an honest way than anything else.  One example is when Lock & Lock was being presented.  I bought it, and when I read the existing reviews, there were about as many negative reviews about the tabs breaking off as there were postive reviews.  So what that amounts to is it's a 50 /50 chance that I will get a good set.  It seems like the customer has had to bite the bullet concerning a product that wasn't presented in a fair way.  We had to pay for the shipping both ways when the product was defective in one way or the other.  It either ran WAY too small for the sizing, or WAY too big......I'll leave it there.  I've had mostly good experiences, and few not so good experiences because of shipping costs.  I hear the phrase, "it runs true to size" all the time.  It's just not the case and I'm afraid the show hosts knows it when they are presenting the prodcut.  That being said, I hope QVC is more cautious about presenting their wares and not only thinking about the money they can make off a product.  I have yet to see companies that are as good as Costco or BedBathandBeyond as far as their policies go.  Yes, this is a long post, but it needed to be said.

Honored Contributor

If you would paragraph you looong post it would be easier to read. Also, if you don't want "critical comments" don't post. Any member here is free to post positive or negative comments about any post.

If this bothers you, you might not wish to post your views! Just a thought...

Honored Contributor

Re: JUST BECAUSE.....

[ Edited ]

@wrenzee wrote:

Just because I posted a blog earlier concerning the way products are being sold and the way I feel about some of the show hosts, does not mean I want to see any critical comments.  I've wanted to say these things for a long, long time to someone who matters at QVC.  QVC has become the number one shopping channel on TV and has millions of loyal customers.  For many people who can't get out to shop, QVC has been a very convenient way to shop.  Some things need to be addressed, especially for those of us who have supported and spent thousands and thousands of dollars over the years.  I don't want to be unkind in any way.   I'm more interested in the product being presented in an honest way than anything else.  One example is when Lock & Lock was being presented.  I bought it, and when I read the existing reviews, there were about as many negative reviews about the tabs breaking off as there were postive reviews.  So what that amounts to is it's a 50 /50 chance that I will get a good set.  It seems like the customer has had to bite the bullet concerning a product that wasn't presented in a fair way.  We had to pay for the shipping both ways when the product was defective in one way or the other.  It either ran WAY too small for the sizing, or WAY too big......I'll leave it there.  I've had mostly good experiences, and few not so good experiences because of shipping costs.  I hear the phrase, "it runs true to size" all the time.  It's just not the case and I'm afraid the show hosts knows it when they are presenting the prodcut.  That being said, I hope QVC is more cautious about presenting their wares and not only thinking about the money they can make off a product.  I have yet to see companies that are as good as Costco or BedBathandBeyond as far as their policies go.  Yes, this is a long post, but it needed to be said.

@wrenzee

I don't disagree at all with your post., but you never have to pay shipping or return shipping on defective items.

You DO have to keep an eye on your account though, to make sure they DO credit the shipping charges on a 'defective' item, regardless if you mark the return slip as 'defective' for the reason for return .

And that's not right either, IMO........seems kinda shady to me, like they're hoping we don't notice that we were charged anyway and I'm sure many customers may not.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@wrenzee

Your comment is just fine. I think  QVC should listen to some of our complaints ,it would help them immensly.  IMO

Especially those of us that are here from the beginning.

Things always change and they should be for the better.Shopping here should be easy and not confusing. Things should be delievered in a timly matter,ect.

QVC stood for quality ,value and convenience. It seems much of that is not true anymore and they should know how we feel.

The teeny boppers thay are catering to now are here 1 day and gone forever. I doubt anyof them will be here in 30 yrs like we have been.

I also believe they should seel an item  with honesty or do not sell it at all. I have bought a few recalled items here and was NEVER  told about the recall

Esteemed Contributor

The o/p said in this long post that just because she posted a blog earlier concerning the way that products are sold, and the way that she feels about some of the show hosts, does not mean that she wants to see any critical comments.

Um,   in the other thread that the o/p posted in this forum, not one single person has made a single comment on it.

Not.

A.

Single.

One.

So, I have no idea what this "new" poster, who only had 2 posts, and signed up in 2011, is talking about.

I can't take them or their porblems seriously.

Contributor

I should have made myself clearer about a product being defective and having to pay for the shipping cost back to QVC.  I've purchased clothing in my usual size and can't even get my arm in the sleeve, or vice versa if it runs huge. To me, that is the same as being defective ..... especially if it is the same size you always ordered in that brand or line of clothing.  If a show host doesn't tell you that the product runs small or larger than usual, a person ends up having to pay for the return cost.  That has been my experience over the years.  I've read many reviews where a person won't send the item back because they don't want to pay for the shipping cost.  I can name a number of stores that will take the item back with FREE RETURNS......American Eagle and Jockey are just two of them.