Respected Contributor

Re: Interfering With Vendors

Shopping channels have yet to air something that i need spoon fed info on

basic everyday stuff

and even if by a rare chance i need something i can always view the details on line

and in no case would the hosts/vendors presentation prevent me from buying what i want or need.   all the information is a few clicks away on line

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 I agree with you, Carolyn could hardly even describe her pieces of jewelry and was trying to explain her inspiration of the designs, in specfic, that lovely bracelet that was inspired by the mountains where she lives. Carolyn was rushed the entire show.

Respected Contributor

I think it depends on the Host and the Vendor. There are some hosts who go on and on but there are some vendors I would rather not hear because they will go on and on and say the same thing over and over especially fashion vendors. It's like they have a rehearsed line or lines that they repeat over and over again. I mute

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@Kachina624 I agree with you, Carolyn could hardly even describe her pieces of jewelry and was trying to explain her inspiration of the designs, in specfic, that lovely bracelet that was inspired by the mountains where she lives. Carolyn was rushed the entire show.

@happilyretiredgirl.  I just have to say that I'm sitting here looking at that very mountain right now.  I'm very attached to it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

On the suject of vendors and hosts, why do they do all that hugging and kissing of each other?  It seems so out of place in the selling market.

Super Contributor

I thought for sure this thread was going to be about the way host Shawn put her hands on the Evelyn and Bobbie vendor's breast.  Why is QVC management okay with that?

Some of these vendors do a better job than the hosts and should just go solo.  I really enjoy it when they do that on Q2. 

Regular Contributor

This past week I have officially given up watching live QVC broadcasting.  Hosts are off the rails.  The straw that broke the camels back for me were the Valerie Parr Hill shows  Every host talked over Valerie or wouldn't let her speak at all. Each host should be made to watch the shows they had with VPH to learn what NOT to do while on air. 

Respected Contributor

Interference!

Love the sports references QVC!

Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

Shopping channels have yet to air something that i need spoon fed info on

basic everyday stuff

and even if by a rare chance i need something i can always view the details on line

and in no case would the hosts/vendors presentation prevent me from buying what i want or need.   all the information is a few clicks away on line

In other words, you don't need the shopping channel at all. I watch because I like to see the item demonstrated. I can go online and read anywhere; qvc presents the items so we can see them and hear details explained. 

Respected Contributor

@dmeasy wrote:

On the suject of vendors and hosts, why do they do all that hugging and kissing of each other?  It seems so out of place in the selling market.

Because they love each other, lol.  At least they say they do! I'd say they use the word love lightly.