Honored Contributor

Why give an incorrect estimated delivery date (EDD)?  This has happened to me with a few of my orders, and I don't order much.  I have something scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday.  Today is Monday evening, and it hasn't shipped yet.  Unless they're going to overnight it tomorrow I won't have it on Wednesday.  I would rather have the date be a few days later and have it on time than to expect it by a certain date and not have it delivered.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I think the notification of shipping does not match actual shipping date.....has happened to be a time or two.  After being notified that the item is shipped, I have it just a few days later....usually 1-2 days....

Honored Contributor

My most recent orders have been in process almost 5 days.

Honored Contributor

The first word in EDD is "estimated".  I suppose this time of year especially, our orders are prone to delays due to weather issues, but there could be a million other reasons too.  I don't even look at EDD because I know they're so inaccurate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Just look at the route this pkg took.  It arrived 3 days after its EDD.  Presumably weather related.  Usually it's a straight shot frm Lancaster to Hodgkins to Albuquerque and I get my pkg in about 6 days.  It's a wonder they didn't charge extra for the tour of the Midwest.

Screenshot_20190218-181520.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just look at the route this pkg took.  It arrived 3 days after its EDD.  Presumably weather related.  Usually it's a straight shot frm Lancaster to Hodgkins to Albuquerque and I get my pkg in about 6 days.  It's a wonder they didn't charge extra for the tour of the Midwest.

Screenshot_20190218-181520.jpg

@Kachina624   Wow!

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The first word in EDD is "estimated".  I suppose this time of year especially, our orders are prone to delays due to weather issues, but there could be a million other reasons too.  I don't even look at EDD because I know they're so inaccurate.

@Kachina624   I've got it "figured out".........we are the 47th and 48th states, and, therefore, pretty near the bottom of the "postal list".............(!!!) di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor
I ordered something on Saturday and it was STILL in PROCESS couple of hours ago
Frequent Contributor
I ordered a Lug bag and it was in the evening over this past weekend when things were on easy pay all day.. Well here it is Monday night and it's STILL in PROCESS.. 48 HOURS LATER.. and I find out that the shipment isn't going to be the normal 7-10 days like it says all over their station.. my EDD isn't until MARCH.. WHAT?? I also found out (just today-days later after ordering product that it is taking longer because LUG is the one shipping it .. NOT QVC.. Since when does QVC not send the product but the vendor does? that's a first.
Honored Contributor

I'm the OP.  The package was shipped last night at 10:00 by UPS Sure Post.  I'll bet I'll bet it on Friday, two days after the EDD.

-Henry David Thoreau