Occasional Contributor

When I want to watch "In the kitchen with David" every week, I don't want so see vacuums cleaners or whatever is the TSV that has nothing to do with kitchen, kitchen wares , etc.   Why do they do thid every week??  And to see David try to spin the item into something for the kitchen is laughable.

Honored Contributor

Re: In the kitchen with David

That program has long ago lost its luster.  Looking over the items recently on air, there are really only a couple of items that I would have expected in the show.  I don't need to see expensive food, vacuum cleaners, etc.  And I don't need a constant reminder of the number of colors available, since that can easily be scrolled across the bottom like they do for clothes.  Guess that's why I watch football or movies these days.  Such a shame, since I used to really enjoy that show.  JMHO.

Respected Contributor

If "Temptations" is the TSV ( example) I can't recall ever seeing it advertised during a vacuum show or a computer show or a Dooney show....

So WHY??? , QVC, must we see vacuums, beds, and computers during the ITKWD show?!?!?!

I realize it's to boost sales because his show is so popular, but I would say the 18 other airings each day of the unrelated TSV should be enough.....

Honored Contributor

@OthereeeenExcept that some of us don't watch except when David is on -  and I'm not doing even that.

I understand it's frustrating for you, but nearly every time I do watch David show a TSV, he sells them by the thousands which makes me think you're asking QVC to commit financial suicide by changing this procedure.

Respected Contributor

There are at least SIX Shark Shows ( vacuums) on the regular QVC today, not including the ones they sneak in on other shows...

ENOUGH!!!

They will lose MORE money when loyal customers stop tuning in to the stuff sold around these repititious airings of the TSV....

So you go to QVC2...and there it is!!! The SAME vacuum, bed, computer, or electric candle!!!! ( sometimes even on at the same time....!)

And YES I change the channel...I like QVC because it's not politics and nastiness 24/7, or murder shows ( which I DO like, but they're repititious too)...but the second the vacuums or other unrelated stuff comes out, I hit the remote...

To each his own....! It IS a selling channel after all....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really wonder if  David worries about his health at all?  He eats some really high fat, sugar and heart clogging foods on QVC. 

He  has become quite out of shape of late. 

I know know it is his job,...but, he needs to take better care of himself.

Respected Contributor

There are several threads today about the annoying TSV presentations in the kitchen shows. Someone in Q management should pay attention. They are selling this vacuum despite the annoyances, not because it’s a good way to attract viewers. You are running off viewers. I have quit watching weekend programming because of the hours devoted to TSVs. 

Honored Contributor

I agree that this show is not what it was at one time.  I know David sells a ton of products on a show, but many of us are turned off now by the same items, showing the TSV on ITKWD even if it is a vacuum, etc., spending precious minutes of the show going over colors and numbers left, etc.  I quit watching some shows and some I record and fast forward through the TSV presentations, prepared food items, and items I have seen dozens of times.   I seldom order any more.

Honored Contributor

When the vacuum came on , I switched to football. I'm sure they do that because David can really sell, but if I watch IKWD, I want to see kitchen products, period.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

How many TSV vacuums did they sell during ITKWD today? David usually tells the number of a product sold during his show.  

Multiply that number by the price of the TSV and you have your answer as to why they keep doing it.   Before all the “viewers” say that QVC lost their potential sales because they turned the channel (so did I), I am sure that potential dollars from viewers pale in comparison to the actual dollar amount in sales from purchasers they get during his show.