Respected Contributor

Re: Improved iPad functionality is now live!

[ Edited ]

Also not keeping the paragraph spacing I am posting. The sentences are all together.

ETA: Working ok now.

Trusted Contributor

@Montana wrote:

Unread thread titles are bolded with the dark "balloon" beside it.  Once I read a thread the print and "balloon" both go light.

What I don't understand: threads I have never opened are also lightened along with the "balloon".  What am I missing?

Using iPad3 and Safari.

I was noticing something about that too.  After reading a thread, it's supposed to be no longer bolded.  But now sometimes, after reading, some of them are still bolded.  Are others having this too? 😁

Honored Contributor

Himi lover wrote:

Montana wrote:

Unread thread titles are bolded with the dark "balloon" beside it.  Once I read a thread the print and "balloon" both go light.

What I don't understand: threads I have never opened are also lightened along with the "balloon".  What am I missing?

Using iPad3 and Safari.

I was noticing something about that too.  After reading a thread, it's supposed to be no longer bolded.  But now sometimes, after reading, some of them are still bolded.  Are others having this too? 😁

@ Montana and @Himi lover, From what I've seen the "speech bubble" icon turns to  an outline and the thread  title goes from bold to light text only if we've read every post in the thread.  If we open a thread and only read one page, for example, they don't change.  (You'll also notice when you're looking at a page of threads there's a column for "New."  If you've read all the responses, there's a "0" in that column.)

(The "speech bubble" becomes an arrow for threads we've posted on.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I am surprised the QVC Social Team would use a ranking system that some posters perceive as hurtful. Rankings based on post count are objective and easy to understand. Rankings based on quality, helpfulness or for any other subjective reason are not.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

I am surprised the QVC Social Team would use a ranking system that some posters perceive as hurtful. Rankings based on post count are objective and easy to understand. Rankings based on quality, helpfulness or for any other subjective reason are not.

I really appreciate the hearts function: it's fun and helpful, so that's a plus for me. 

Initially I didn't understand the criticism about the hearts design features, but now I think it's sinking in. I'm not trying to speak for other people (because I'm not a mind reader), but I'm wondering if the criticism has to do with the "titles" (Valued, Respected, Honored, etc.) that people acrue. 

Honestly, I don't pay much attention them, because I don't find them useful. If that's the main issue that some people have with them, then why not just remove these monikers and keep the basic hearts function.

Just my two cents...

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Montana wrote:

I really appreciate the hearts function: it's fun and helpful, so that's a plus for me. 

Initially I didn't understand the criticism about the hearts design features, but now I think it's sinking in. I'm not trying to speak for other people (because I'm not a mind reader), but I'm wondering if the criticism has to do with the "titles" (Valued, Respected, Honored, etc.) that people acrue. 

Honestly, I don't pay much attention them, because I don't find them useful. If that's the main issue that some people have with them, then why not just remove these monikers and keep the basic hearts function.

Just my two cents...

-- bebe Smiley Happy

bebe,

My comments are about the various contributor ratings

- not the hearts.  I like the hearts too.- 

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Montana wrote:

Just my two cents...

-- bebe Smiley Happy

bebe,

My comments are about the various contributor ratings

- not the hearts.  I like the hearts too.- 

Montana, I wasn't quite sure where you were going, but I though that was probably what your issue was. *s*

Thank you so much for your post because it allowed me to finally understand why some people were getting so upset about the hearts feature. I had just been focusing on these fun/useful hearts and ignoring the name designations. 

I can absolutely see how someone who has been a ture blue, valued contributor to these forums since they began (2006, I think)... and who may have lost 20,000 posts during the transition... and is now designated as perhaps a Super Contributor (just because they don't have the "hearts" to push their designation up)...  would be fuming. I can see how they might feel it was a slap in the face. Maybe not everyone, but some folks... and, for me, that's enough. 

Echoing what Montana has said... 

QVC moderators, maybe if you just removed the hearts designations (but left the fun hearts option) most of this angst would go away. Just saying... 

Thank you, in advance, for considering our perspective. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Don't know how I "dredged" up this discussion... but here I am....

seriously I would be lost without the "hearts" feature... by clicking on these I can quickly navigate.  To me, this feature means either..."hey, I'm on here too right now!" or "hey, come over here because you might want to look at this."  

How else would I know?  

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~