Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, yes, thank you for the video; I only had time to watch part of it, but it looks to be very helpful.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't make it to At Home today with your MS pain.  Thanks for letting me know and I hope you are able to get there on Monday; if you do, I hope you have a good time!

@HisElk1
You're welcome. It is a very helpful video. It explains why a PE tree is a much better quality tree. My DH & I had a PE  Christmas tree many years ago and it was beautiful. The branches just fell into place every year.
Thank you, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it to the At Home store for a few days.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, yes, thank you for the video; I only had time to watch part of it, but it looks to be very helpful.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't make it to At Home today with your MS pain.  Thanks for letting me know and I hope you are able to get there on Monday; if you do, I hope you have a good time!

@HisElk1
You're welcome. It is a very helpful video. It explains why a PE tree is a much better quality tree. My DH & I had a PE  Christmas tree many years ago and it was beautiful. The branches just fell into place every year.
Thank you, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it to the At Home store for a few days.

@SweetSydney, the guy does a good explanation; I had no idea there were 2 types so this was a day of learning; thank you!

What happened to the PE tree you had?  Is it not usable anymore that you need one?  I know for us, we have to keep an eye on space because of where we display it; height isn't a problem, but have to be careful with width at the bottom.

Again, I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to make it; I was thinking about going out, but we're getting the rain from the hurricane in our area this week, so we're waiting.

Also, I was on At Home's site and put in the search bar to find the polyethylene trees and didn't have any luck in refining the search to only PE trees.  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help.

Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1

@SweetSydney, the guy does a good explanation; I had no idea there were 2 types so this was a day of learning; thank you!

What happened to the PE tree you had?  Is it not usable anymore that you need one?  I know for us, we have to keep an eye on space because of where we display it; height isn't a problem, but have to be careful with width at the bottom.

Again, I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to make it; I was thinking about going out, but we're getting the rain from the hurricane in our area this week, so we're waiting.

Also, I was on At Home's site and put in the search bar to find the polyethylene trees and didn't have any luck in refining the search to only PE trees.  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help.

@HisElk1
I agree the guy does a good job explaining the difference between the trees.
The PE tree we had was over 30 years ago. It finally wore out after many years of putting up for Christmas.

Thank you, if it's not one thing it's another. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic for me and you can imagine the side effect that is keeping me home.

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting the rain from the hurricane.

The At Home store doesn't list everything on their website. You have to go in the store and look for the trees. I think it's because it's such a huge store.
You're more than welcome for any help I can offer.

On another subject, QVC got in more of the Green Kaleidoscope trees & my DH ordered 2 this morning.

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1

@HisElk1
The PE tree we had was over 30 years ago. It finally wore out after many years of putting up for Christmas.

Thank you, if it's not one thing it's another. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic for me and you can imagine the side effect that is keeping me home.

The At Home store doesn't list everything on their website. You have to go in the store and look for the trees. I think it's because it's such a huge store.

On another subject, QVC got in more of the Green Kaleidoscope trees & my DH ordered 2 this morning.

@SweetSydney, wow you sure got your money's worth from that tree; I'll bet it was beautiful.

Yep, I get what you mean about antibiotics; they can have that effect

I didn't realize AH didn't put all on their site; but yes, they are humongous, so I hope we are able to get in before the crowds start.

I wish you much luck with the 2 green your DH ordered.  I posted an update in the holiday forum thread you started.  I'm just not having any luck with mine and don't want to take a chance on more.  I'm afraid that they eventually may end up getting noisier past the time we can send them back, that that's me.  They are beautiful when they're lit, but the noise will drive me crazy.  I hope the 2 green ones work for him.

Valued Contributor

Re: Improve Quality Control

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1

@SweetSydney, wow you sure got your money's worth from that tree; I'll bet it was beautiful.

Yep, I get what you mean about antibiotics; they can have that effect

I didn't realize AH didn't put all on their site; but yes, they are humongous, so I hope we are able to get in before the crowds start.

I wish you much luck with the 2 green your DH ordered.  I posted an update in the holiday forum thread you started.  I'm just not having any luck with mine and don't want to take a chance on more.  I'm afraid that they eventually may end up getting noisier past the time we can send them back, that that's me.  They are beautiful when they're lit, but the noise will drive me crazy.  I hope the 2 green ones work for him.

@HisElk1
Yes, we definitely got our money's worth out of that tree. It was absolutely beautiful. In all the years we've put up  Christmas trees that was my favorite artificial tree.
We've put up some beautiful fresh cut trees, as well.  We used to live in Lansing, IL. And we were able to buy fresh cut Noble Spruce trees. Those are beautiful trees.
I replied to your post in the thread about your Silver trees. I canceled the Green trees.
I don't understand why so many people got perfect trees and we've gotten trees with loud humming noises.

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney, about the others who didn't have problems with their trees - we tested our 4 when we first got them for a day or so and only found that the one was loud.

After giving it more thought, something just "told me" to get them out again and retest them.  Had I not done that, I wouldn't have known until it was time to decorate for Christmas.  Believe me, it wasn't that I "wanted" them to be loud because I think they are beautiful; I just wanted to make sure they worked for many hours not making the loud motor noise.

It may not be us; perhaps all of the others who got them didn't try them, or just plugged them in to see if they work and then turned them off and stored them.  I suspect there could be many others affected by the noise eventually.  Then there are the ones who got perfect ones.

Either way, my lesson is learned after this mess; I hope your silver ones arriving this week work for you.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 I'm fortunate to be at a stage in my life where I don't want to accumulate more "stuff," but when I do want it I do what you said -  I shop locally and I probably do pay somewhat more than the least expensive online price.  I just find that quality control everywhere is just too random.

That doesn't mean I'm ridiculous about what I spend but more often than not, I do end up satisfied by my purchases.  That's valuable to me.

I use QVC and other "long-distance" shopping venues for what I can be fairly confident will be okay or for those things I just can't get to locally. 

Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, about the others who didn't have problems with their trees - we tested our 4 when we first got them for a day or so and only found that the one was loud.

After giving it more thought, something just "told me" to get them out again and retest them.  Had I not done that, I wouldn't have known until it was time to decorate for Christmas.  Believe me, it wasn't that I "wanted" them to be loud because I think they are beautiful; I just wanted to make sure they worked for many hours not making the loud motor noise.

It may not be us; perhaps all of the others who got them didn't try them, or just plugged them in to see if they work and then turned them off and stored them.  I suspect there could be many others affected by the noise eventually.  Then there are the ones who got perfect ones.

Either way, my lesson is learned after this mess; I hope your silver ones arriving this week work for you.

@HisElk1
I'm really glad you had the foresight to retest the trees.
If you look at Valerie's Christmas items & scroll down to the trees "As Is" a lot of them have been returned. You can buy more than you can imagine in each color. You just have to add them to your cart 1 at a time. So, I believe a lot of people had problems with the trees and it's not just us.
My "As Is" Silver trees are due to be delivered Thursday.
Like you, it's not like I wanted them to be loud. I really like these trees. I guess that's pretty obvious since we've returned 6 defective trees and I still took a chance and ordered 2 more trees.
Thank you, I'm really hoping against hope that this time I'll get perfect trees. If they're not, I'm finished.

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1
I'm really glad you had the foresight to retest the trees.
If you look at Valerie's Christmas items & scroll down to the trees "As Is" a lot of them have been returned. You can buy more than you can imagine in each color. You just have to add them to your cart 1 at a time. So, I believe a lot of people had problems with the trees and it's not just us.
My "As Is" Silver trees are due to be delivered Thursday.
Like you, it's not like I wanted them to be loud. I really like these trees. I guess that's pretty obvious since we've returned 6 defective trees and I still took a chance and ordered 2 more trees.
Thank you, I'm really hoping against hope that this time I'll get perfect trees. If they're not, I'm finished.

@SweetSydney, we decided to put 2 trees on the fireplace mantel today and see how bad the motor noise is going to be with our TV turned on.  We spend a lot of time in that room, so today will be a "test" to see how bad the motor noise really is.  They do look very nice on the mantel; my problem is, now since I know how loud they are, I'll be listening for it even more if that makes sense.  I'm really torn about what to do, though if I don't keep them, I do have other decor to put on the mantel.

Please let me know how the silver ones are that are to arrive on Thursday; keeping my fingers crossed for you.

New Contributor

Quality Control has clearly gone in several areas.  I've had to return far too many items for poor quality and I'm more than unhappy about wasting so much time as well as the shipping charges.  I've been a QVC shopper for over 20 years and I'm extremley frustrated with many of my purchases.