Valued Contributor

I'd really like to see an improvement in Quality Control.
I ordered 2 Mercury Glass Kaleidoscope trees in Silver by VHP. Both were defective.
Then my husband ordered 2 Mercury Glass Kaleidoscope trees in Green by VHP. Both have very loud humming noises.
I'm not sure if the Quality Control on these trees is VHP or QVC's responsibility but I'm tired of receiving defective items.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

At best, quality control is a random process and does not include checking every single item.  Hundreds of people (including me) got trees that were perfect.  Sounds like you had an unusual run of bad luck.  Sorry thst happened to you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney sorry to hear about your purchase...I was so hoping your kaleidoscope trees would work and there would be no issues...hopefully, you can exchange for a pair that actually work!

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

At best, quality control is a random process and does not include checking every single item.  Hundreds of people (including me) got trees that were perfect.  Sounds like you had an unusual run of bad luck.  Sorry thst happened to you.

@Kachina624
It's really disappointing, isn't it? Yes, it seems we did have an unusual run of bad luck. Thank you. I'm going to order 2 trees "As Is" and cross my fingers that I get perfect trees. I read 4 reviews there and all 4 people received perfect trees.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@SweetSydney sorry to hear about your purchase...I was so hoping your kaleidoscope trees would work and there would be no issues...hopefully, you can exchange for a pair that actually work!

@GAQShopr53
Thank you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get some trees that work without that extremely loud humming noise.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

Do you all know how Quality Control works?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

Re: Improve Quality Control

@Kachina624
If you look under VHP's items, scroll down to "As Is" & you'll find you can order every color tree and you can order as many as you want. You just have to add them to your cart 1 at a time.  So, a lot of people didn't get perfect trees.
I ordered 2 Silver "As Is" trees and the motors were so loud my DH & I could hear them from our Great room all the way to our kitchen.
My 1st floor is set up where you come into the laundry room from the garage, then you come into the kitchen, then the dining area, then the Great room. Our fireplace is in the corner on the outside wall. And we put the trees on each side of the fireplace mantel.
That's a long distance to be able to hear the motors in the trees. And my DH has hearing loss due to working at Ford Motor Co. for  33 years. He has a high-frequency hearing loss. He worked as Skilled Trades as a Millwright so he was around loud motors 8-12 hours a day. So for him to be able to hear the loud motors you can imagine they're very loud.
We've decided not to order any more "As Is" trees since the 2  Silver  "As Is" trees have loud motors.
With MS I really can't handle the stress of getting any more defective trees. Maybe next year I'll have better luck.
I'm really disappointed though because I really love these trees.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney.   When they're good, they're very good but when they're bad, they're horrid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SweetSydney.   When they're good, they're very good but when they're bad, they're horrid.

@Kachina624
In my case, they've been absolutely horrid! SIX  Mercury Glass Kaleidoscope Trees have had incredibly loud motors.
But I think the quality control on the trees falls on VHP.

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney, we've shared posts about these trees and one of mine was so loud, we could hear the motor in another room, so back it went marked as defective.

I've ordered other things from VPH's collection in the last few years and didn't have any trouble with any of them.

The things I ordered from her back in CIJ were not what was advertised and even in the videos showing them.

Out of 4 items, 2 went back as defective and of course, the kaleidoscope tree.

I've decided that I will hold off buying anymore of her things until the reviews come in.  Even if I have to pay a bit more, it's worth it for me.  Besides that, we just got a new Hobby Lobby open very close to us, so I will go there to browse and see the things in person.