Valued Contributor

Re: Ignoring Models

[ Edited ]

I really liked  the host who left to be a newscaster. I won't mention her name, because I don't want to get "zapped". She would seamlessly change an occasional jacket or sweater while she was still on the set. I really enjoyed her calm and cool presentations with designers and even stayed up late to watch. I really like Amy, but I don't like watching her running off the set in a frenzy to change into every single outfit. Alberti sometimes seems like he is her assistant. I hate looking up and seeing Amy running off the set. I find it really distracting, ala "Road Runner". I sincerely wish the models would be utilized more fully, and the hosts would spend more time on product details rather than constantly changing clothes. 

Honored Contributor

@Mamia   Sorry, but I don't think your complaint is valid at all.  I just don't see that happening.  In fact, if anything, the hosts pay too much attention to the models engaging them too often.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

The worst offender is Kerstin. She was presenting Denim and company with Gary Gobin who was live in the studio.  She had to try on EVERY clothing item and kept leaving Gary alone to change her clothes.  His head was spinning and he looked vey uncomfortable. She was constantly posing and admiring herself. She has a SERIOUS problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

@turtle52  I agree.  Maybe she should quit hosting and join the model team. Then she could pose all the time and we would be spared the speed talking and careless attitude.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

I have to laugh because I agree with all of you, I love Amy Stran and Lori Goldstein, but come on - Amy models all the clothing and she is a SIZE XXS!  Then they have that blonde woman as the model, she is a SIZE XL.  Then they have a plus size model - what about those of us who are Size Medium or Large, can we get to see anyone in our size range??

The models hardly ever turn around, and I always want to see if it is a high low look, or rounded hem, or longer in the back, or what have you, but they just stand there.

I have slim legs, so seeing Amy in jeans is a big help, because their models are not slim, and I don't order the jeans much because most of the legs are made so wide - why?  What happened to slim leg jeans?

One of you commented about these men on the shows, telling us what to wear, LOL!  I thought I was the only one laughing about that!

We need hosts who are giving us facts about their expensive clothing, fabric, measurements, the inside of the garment (to make sure it's not itchy), actual length, a fit guide for each garment, everything.

Not just sales figures or where they're going on vacation next month!

Trusted Contributor
@everyone

I agree 💯 with you all.
I've made up my mind that even tho I don't have but 3-4 retail stores available in my area with very little choices in my size range, I'm buying 95% of all shoes and clothes locally just because I can see it and try it on. And what I buy may not be what I'm seeing in online stores but it's better than trying to figure out the Q's expensive shot in the dark fashion selection.
It feels good actually to cut the cord. M/O
Honored Contributor

Perhaps they should have models on in every size. (sarcasm) But then, people would complain there were too many models crowded on the stage so they couldn't see their size...and it'd cost Q more money and prices would go up.