Trusted Contributor

@Mamia May I first say. I think Amy Stran wears all outfits beautifully. However we are not interesed in only her. We enjoy all the models Regular and Plus. They do a great job. Please quote size models are wearing not just Amy.

Trusted Contributor

Since none of the models look like my specific size, it doesn't really help to just view them in clothing. I do wish we received more info on their measurements though. Just their height does not really offer enough information. Being models, and they are hired to show us clothing and how it looks,  I feel we should know their specific measurements to get a better idea. We don't need their weight but bust*waist*hips would be helpful.

And yes, I always check the garment measurments as well as reviews before purchasing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ignoring Models

[ Edited ]

The hosts seem like they're on a talk show now. It's not about the item, it's about them. How they're gonna wear it, how many they own and the colors they bought, and how many other daughters own. You're right, they rarely refer to the model sizing, and styling. They don't give measurements, and they barely go through the colors before they go on and on about themselves.

Super Contributor

Re: Ignoring Models

[ Edited ]

@cjm61 , I like to see the clothing on models.  Amy is short so even though we are miles apart size wise, it helps me see how long tops are on her.  Same with another petite model who they frequently say is a size medium.  I am more busty, so there is another model similar to me, I can see how the bust fits.  Before Pam lost weight, she was a little fuller in the stomach area, which also helps me to see if the item was more snug or loose.  

And if the models look uncomfortable in what they are showing, or it looks snug, then I know I should look at going up in size.  And of course I always check the actual garment measurement.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mamia  I agree with you 100%.  Too much chitchat.   Why bother with models if we only see a glimpse of them then back to yakyak.  And most of the time the host has the item being sold on  way too tight.  I saw a pair of pants on a host and thought they were awful, then they showed the model in the right size and I loved them. 

Also quit covering up pants being sold with oversized sweaters and tops covered up with jean jackets. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

You hardly hear what size the models are wearing unless it's on the regular spectrum.  I think once a model is in a 1X and above; they may refrain from announcing the sizes.  I have noticed this recently.

I feel they are tip toeing around announcing the models larger sizes. All of the models seem confident in their appearance, so it's not fair to skip over their size. That's why they hired them, isn't it?
 It's a need to know part of the presentation; especially when we are television shopping. 

It's not body shaming if the larger sizes are announced. After all some brands go up to 5X now. There are now more larger sizes offered than smaller sizes. 

I need to know what size the models have on because there are times the item looks too small or ill fitting and I'd like to know what size they're in; that way I might move up a size.

I am in the middle of returning 2 SG blouses because the other night no one mentioned what size Adrienne was wearing and I had no point of reference. I ordered too small of a size.

Funny thing is, I know the hosts sizes, and SG's and Renee's size better than the models. They're all in the same range.

BTW it doesn't matter what sizes we are wearing as long as the fit is great. 

Respected Contributor

My pet peeve is when the models don't turn around. Does that mean their garments are pinned-to-fit in the back? 

Regular Contributor

I commented on this before and was blasted about it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I watch very little, and buy very little because of this. Not enough details are being mentioned about the article of clothing, but we find out how many they own, what colors they like best, they are going to wear it on their vacation, and their daughters have five of them.  The best is when they leave the set to go and change and the vendor takes over an chit chats. Please don't tell me I can change the channel, because that is what I do. 

Esteemed Contributor

HSN is much better with discussing sizing, IMO.  When Colleen has her line on she has the models mic'd up.  They discuss the sizing, fit, feel of the garment, etc.  It's interesting and important information.  Colleen also always states the size she is wearing.  I find it helpful.  The other day Jane Brown was on with the D&C TSV and she never discussed sizing once.  I might have missed it but I did watch almost the entire show.  They were so

sidetracked with that new girl who is part of the D&C team now??!!

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts did used to go over to the models and point out different things........anyone remember that?  It was before Covid.  When that hit, no one could be within 6 feet of each other, so that stopped..

Now, some of the hosts think they are models and are constantly changing clothes.  I, for one, don't like it.  Let the models model and hosts, keep your original clothes on.

I think it's nice if, in fashion shows, the hosts wears something that is featured in the show, but otherwise stop trying to wear everything.

Another reason I don't like men hosts showing women's clothing.  They are not designers and have no clue.