Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could change QVC what would you do?

I would hire someone to keep their eyes on the items that are "winners" -- in other words, if they have something that sells out almost completely, and hundreds of people are begging them to bring the item back in more colors, BRING IT BACK, DON'T CHANGE IT AND THEN SAY "WE IMPROVED IT"! And yes, I guess I'm yelling, because they can't seem to get it.

Case in point:

The original "How Smooth Boot Cut Jeans" - they never brought the originals back, they changed them drastically and still call them "How Smooth" - it's not the same jean. A229866

Denim & Co. How Smooth Modern Waist Regular Pull-on Jeans

If they had brought this exact jean back, and added a bunch more colors, they would probably have sold out again, because if people are begging for more colors, they're going to buy them! So if everyone who bought these jeans originally, bought two or three more colors, they could have sold twice or three times as many. Is it so hard to understand that this means PROFIT?

I've seen this happen too many times -- they have a real "winner" and all they have to do is keep it in stock or bring out more colors to make a lot more profit. But no, they want to "improve it" ... they need someone to tell the PTB when to JUST LEAVE SOMETHING ALONE, don't try to change it, don't try to improve it, just keep it in stock and SELL IT!

Yes, this is a rant -- I'm on a roll today! {#emotions_dlg.angry}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Respected Contributor

I would ask that the vendors and host's dress appropriately

I would take the sun glasses off the models.

I would use more normal size models.

I would do away with cutesy, cutesy.

I would do away with the Um, Um's

I would do away with the kiss, kiss Mwaa, Mwaa

I would do away with the booty jiggling, singing and dancing

The biggest thing I would do is stop the host's from L y i n g

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Bring back the quality control. Hold your manufacturers to the specs and don't allow shoddy products to reach the customers. It is very inconvenient to be returning stuff and I won't buy if I can't trust the quality. Bring back the variety in affordable jewelry and fashions. I came for the jewelry and fashions and stayed for the pressure washer, appliances, bedding and electronics. Put your hosts through retraining and improve their skills. I don't buy based on my feelings towards a host; I buy because I want the product.
Honored Contributor

If I was ruler of the world, or Q, I would....hire a new gold buyer and tell the truth about jewelry worn by women in Italy.

Occasional Contributor

I would not have all day events. I would have the tsv on in the morning once, afternoon once and evening once (not almost every other hour). I would reduce the shipping (it is too high). I would have expedited shipping (when possible). I think they need to work on the sizing of clothing. The clothing sizing is not consistent.

Honored Contributor

Don't make the shows about the hosts.

Decaffeinate the hosts.

Super Contributor

Better quality control and more ezpays!

Respected Contributor

On 10/15/2014 golfcartrider said:

I would ask that the vendors and host's dress appropriately

I would take the sun glasses off the models.

I would use more normal size models.

I would do away with cutesy, cutesy.

I would do away with the Um, Um's

I would do away with the kiss, kiss Mwaa, Mwaa

I would do away with the booty jiggling, singing and dancing

The biggest thing I would do is stop the host's from L y i n g

Lol, well said. I will add:

Get rid of 75% of the hosts, let the vendors do their own presenting.

Change up the line-up ALOT.

Give some free S/H more often.

Stop pushing the holiday stuff beginning before Halloween

I could go on & on

Valued Contributor

I think they should bring back the lucky number game. It was an incentive for me to leave the tv on all day and maybe impulse buy. No one does this anymore. I did win a $1000 shopping spree this way long ago. Too much repetition of products, long presentations, chatter about nothing. I miss the old QVC. I know everything changes, but if customers are lost, what do they gain? The hosts were fun without being all about me. New products please?

Contributor

I would stop spending hours presenting 1 Christmas tree or 1 Vacuum. That is so boring. How many times can you present the same item in one hour? Bring back the games and contests. Sell cooking TSVs Saturday night to coincide with David's cooking show. Start setting gemstones in Stainless Steel jewelry.