Trusted Contributor

INFO ON THE MODELS

[ Edited ]

I like that the Q has "Meet The Hosts" pictures, but I wish they would do the same on their models. I get names and faces mixed up, then they bring in new ones.

Also, I often want to write to a model after a show and ask her about her makeup, or the color, or something I'd like to know to help me obtain a product.

They could create a website where you could leave messages for a model and one person checks it and gives the models the message.

And, what happened to the "model's closet"? I often want to inquire about the jewelry they wear, but can't because there is no "model's closet" now. I'm very frustrated.

Frequent Contributor

They still have models closet. I just check this morning.

Valued Contributor

Good Idea!

Respected Contributor

I agree with your first and third paragraph.  I do not agree that we should be able to contact models and ask them questions.  They certainly did not sign up for that.  If I were a model I would think that any questions would be none of your business.  They are there to model only, not be a friend or share anything about themselves or their personal life.  And if I were wiling to share, then I'd certainly want a much higher salary.  This is proof that QVC has managed to trick people in to thinking that we are all gal-pals.  Or guy-pals sometimes.  

Respected Contributor

My understanding is that these models do not work for QVC. They are under contract with a modeling agency who finds them work. Just so happens, QVC continues to I would assume, request of the agency repeat appearances by a lot of them. I have seen several of these women in other ads either in catalogs I get or on infomercials.  So it would probably be inappropriate to have them on an employee page.

Honored Contributor

Good grief! The models are NOT QVC employees. They work for an independent agency. I personally am not interested in their makeup, etc. as I have other interests in my life.

Honored Contributor

The models probably prefer to re.ain anonymous.

Has anyone ever actually found an accessory they saw, in the model's closet?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yikes.  I don't see that ever happening.  The models are not employees of QVC, they work for modeling agencies as independent contractors.  As such, they come & go, and set their schedules through their agency.  That's why you can go very long periods of time between seeing Monica, or Jessica, for example.  

Lots of the models have outside acting jobs, or other businesses that keep them busy when you don't see them on QVC.

Even if QVC wanted to do that, imagine the headache trying to keep up with updating the website on a daily basis for the comings and goings of the models.  They barely update the hosts photos & profile pages more than once every 5 years.

By the way, there's one more new photo -  Shawn's photo has been updated.  They are apparently doing the updates one host at a time.

Respected Contributor

To the best of my knowledge, I've never seen this model, "Ashley" presenting on TV.  I believe her name is Ashley.  

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Suede Anorak Jacket with Patch Pockets - A300879

Honored Contributor

Re: INFO ON THE MODELS

[ Edited ]

IMO the models should keep their mouths shut about who they are and what their husbands do for a living, their kids, etc. We all know Jacki's husband is a cop, Deanna's boyfriend works construction and Katia's husband is a doctor. I don't see why these posters think they have anything in common with these models physically other than we all wear clothes. I don't know why the Q thought it was a good idea to mike those models up.