Esteemed Contributor

Re: I agree that qvc is getting too high hat for most of us. . Most of the fashions aren't even pret

High Hat? I thought at first you meant High End? Oh well, I would say negative to both of those.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I agree that qvc is getting too high hat for most of us. . Most of the fashions aren't even pret

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

image.jpeg

I think this high hat is particularly fashionable! Maybe we could get a GILI knock-off???

The Gili line......lol too funny.  might be a improvement.

Honored Contributor

The GILI line might be considered high hat and certainly LOGO is way overpriced. I stick with D&Co. and Liz Claiborne on clearance. I trust the Q, I don't necessarily trust the other online stores.

Honored Contributor

If the fashion doesn't sell well.... QVC would stop carrying it.  It's business and it's that simple.  

There is a lot of fashion out there and SO much on the Internet that it's a pleasure to shop around... we're all different, we all love different fashions.... shop around and find what you love, it's out there... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I agree.  High Hat, High Horse, High Brow.

There will always exist people that equate higher cost with better quality.   I think this is partly behind Q's reasoning regarding pricing.  Just another method of eliminating the QVC shopper from years ago who watched QVC on TV and ordered from their land line phone seeking true bargains.  This is their attempt to garner a wealthier and younger customer base.  Time marches on.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard the phrase High Hat until this thread.  Had to look it up.

Honored Contributor

high-hat

verb

Informal. To treat in a superciliously indulgent manner:

adjective

Informal. Characteristic of or resembling a snob:
Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I thought it was a cymbal attached to a drum kit. 

PS ~ Love your avatar!

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

I thought it was a cymbal attached to a drum kit. 

PS ~ Love your avatar

Me too...... I think your avatar is the best!

Honored Contributor

If you mean the prices, ITA.

No top is worth $60 no matter whose name is on it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986