Occasional Contributor
Do away with the hugging and kissing when vendors. comes in with their item. We all know that the host has seen them.
Esteemed Contributor

Shaking hands seems more professional for salespeople. This kissy-face is weird!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Interestingly, you can tell which vendors have clearly asked for no hugging or kissing because the introductions really stand out from the usual affectionate ones—but as long as no one is uncomfortable, I don't have an issue with either style of greeting. The hugginess/kissiness is just the way many people interact with their friends and family.

Honored Contributor

The vendors are not friends or family and if they are personal friends of the host, it does not belong in a professional presentation.  JMO!

Honored Contributor

@demon.   We've had dozens of threads on this subject suggesting the practice be discontinued.   It's unprofessional and downright awkward for people who have a business relationship.  I cringe everytime it happens, which is a lot of cringing.  It's the phoniest thing that happens on this shopping channel which has more than its share of phoniness.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Some people are just naturally more affectionate than others.  It doesn't bother me a bit.  Of course, if the huggee doesn't like it, they shouldn't be hugged.  But an affectionate greeting between people who enjoy seeing each other is fine with me.  I like seeing people happy to see each other. 

A hand shake seems cold to me unless you are just being introduced to someone.  So I say either the affectionate greeting or simply a "nice to see you" greeting.  By the way, in flu season I don't want anyone shaking my hand.

Honored Contributor

Most people on QVC are basically actors.  It is for warmth and perceived friendship.  Nothing at all shocking or worrying about it to me.  Just part of the act. 

Honored Contributor

What a trivial thing to whine about.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Hugging and kissing

[ Edited ]

I don't care if they hug, kiss or do a square dance.  It lasts only seconds. 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the hugging and air-kissing (never see any real "kiss").  Just something that doesn't make a difference to me.