Trusted Contributor

Re: How many people does it take

@Irmasdc wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone else watched this but as so many have mentioned, it was so strange. It was ITKWD & the ROAR juice or whatever it's called. The sugar free caffeine free fruit free carb free flavored liquid. The vendor, the young man who created this for his mother could not get a word in. He just kept taking a drink at 20sec intervals 🤣

Jennifer Covich showed up to try along with the vender, David & big bite Steve. David with a straight face asked her to try it, swirl it around on her tongue then explain what she tastes on the "back end" What?! Vender still trying to talk, nope.. swish it around, talk about the sunny mornings, how does it feel.. I had to mute the rest of the presentation and the poor vender still just stood there watching them. 

David jumped the shark a long time ago. They should have put a stop to the big bite Steve business by now...cringey as cringey gets. 

Regular Contributor

That "big bite Steve" is cringy. A couple of weeks ago they used a chalkboard to track Steve's "big bites." Supposedly Steve is okay with the moniker, but if he is not, can he really say?

I admire David for sticking to his healthy habits, and he should be free to do so. Yet, it is cringworthy (IMO) that he seems to be vicariously living through his co-hosts with the "What's it like?" Stuff.
Occasional Contributor

I agree, should be no more than 2 at a time. It completely distracts from the item being sold and they forget to show/tell important things and one always drifts off to pull out their phone to order things to buy for themselves.
Occasional Contributor

I saw that too! Because 3 hosts are a crowd. Max of 2 should be the limit!
Honored Contributor

It seems frenzy is encouraged, almost demanded, by management.  Hence the reason for letting go people like Dan Hughes and Carolyn who are rather low key.  What I would like to know, does all this whackiness really improve sales?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC probably has multiple hosts in case one gets sick there is an understudy to take over the program. I remember one show when the host got sick and the poor vendor ended up alone for twenty minutes presenting the products.

Respected Contributor

There have been so many complaints about multiple hosts and guests talking over each other. I don't know how QVC isn't aware of this. Simply, tell everyone to talk one at a time. Not so difficult!

Valued Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

QVC probably has multiple hosts in case one gets sick there is an understudy to take over the program. I remember one show when the host got sick and the poor vendor ended up alone for twenty minutes presenting the products.

@lgfan So not that different from a Shawn presentation, then? /s

Trusted Contributor

After watching for many years,right now it's become a circus.It seems when there are Two hosts,they both try to talk at once.If not talking ,laughing,some other topic comes in.Hardly buy anymore prices are out of sight rather watch a movie!

Super Contributor

Years ago that's how it was. The host would present the item. There weren't even models.