Valued Contributor

How many people does it take

[ Edited ]

To present a product? 
I don't understand the selling here on Q anymore. Every time I tune in, it seems like several manic hosts trying to out talk each other and a vendor, sometimes multiple hosts and a vendor....or a vendor at home, alone, with a terrible connection.

It's really bizarre.

The foolishness between hosts/vendors accomplishes nothing.

For example: I was watching a Lug presentation, the host and vendor were so busy blabbering on, they failed to show the basics. For Lug bags, show the inside of EACH bag because the linings are often different and that would be a point of interest for a potential buyer. I had to go to Lug website to see what I needed.

Lately I find changing the channel solves a lot.

Maybe a few less people, or at least one that gives details about the product would be good.

Valued Contributor

Re: How many people does it take

They're talking less about the product and more about themselves.

Same thing happened on HSN. I was looking for a specific feature in a bag. The host petted the bag and talked about how pretty it was. That's fine, but I want to see the inside, the opening, the lining, the pockets or organization. 

Sometimes the description leaves a lot to be desired as well. 

The same with fashion (and shoes). We need actual body measurements of the model, and the size she is wearing. Also, the factories where they're having some of the clothes made obviously don't get paid enough to pay attention. I have ordered two colorways of a garment, both same size, and one is 2-3 sizes smaller/larger than the other. This happens much too often. I've quit buying anything due to all the inconsistencies. Time + money for returns = too costly for repeated mistakes. 

I think they need to ask buyers what's important and make sure they cover that in presentations. It seems they're just flying by the seat of their pants.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. I watched a barefoot dreams presentation yesterday and I could not understand anything being said. Several times the host and the vendor were talking at the same time and they were not about to let the other one get a word in edgewise. Yes, I changed the channel.

Trusted Contributor

I have seen this, also.   It seems that certain hosts need another host to play off of, to compete for camera time with, and to prove that they have "friends".    I respect the hosts who can professionally handle a show by themselves, giving all necessary information on each product.   Frenetic activity is a real turn off.

Respected Contributor

The logistics of the most basic presentation have become awkward. 

Last night two hosts and the guest almost needed a choreographer to determine who should be positioned where and nearly bumped into one another. 

Honored Contributor

I believe that some of the hosts read these posts and act the fool on purpose. I know sounds a little paranoid,but........

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

Some things just seem like common sense to me. I was looking to add an Origami shelf unit but needed to know the height between the shelves. They gave every dimension except that one. WTH? Guess where I finally found it? Yep "A"!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Presentations are just too long. I know I've said this before,but I'd like a little less time spent on presentations.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

At this point QVC is just a bunch of racket. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I believe that some of the hosts read these posts and act the fool on purpose. I know sounds a little paranoid,but........

Well we know for sure that one of them did - she admitted it.