Super Contributor

Re: How about giving the actual price not just easy pay?

"Fifteen dollars gets it home!" Cute.
Honored Contributor

The customer is responsible for knowing the price of whatever they buy. It's easy to see the price in the basket and before clicking on that last button to purchase.

Trusted Contributor

I believe they are saying exactly what they are told to say.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

It's right on the TV screen.

It might be, but some people just listen to shows and maybe buy from hearing it.  It isn't very fair to just mention the easy pay and not the whole price.  You know there are some people out there that can't see as well as others and buy from listening to the TV.  

@luvmybeetle   @rms1954 

Sorry, no, I agree with @rms1954 .

I seriously doubt anyone actually buys something without ever looking at it on the TV.  At least a glance. 

And while they are glancing at whatever they are trying to sell, take the effort to look at the left side of the screen and notice the price.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hey guess what, I know the price is on the screen.  Everyone else does, too.  It's just kind of snaky to not state the price.  Obviously they know the bloated prices are a turn off.  

Courtney K. usually states the price, kudos to her.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

A  frequent advertisement in my area on TV and radio is for an HVAC.  They say $25 a month but neglect to say for how many months.  Years ago I got to talking to an elderly lady at the grocery store.  We were in the meat department and somehow got to talking about QVC, I think their Gourment shows.  She told me she had to stop buying from QVC and shut it off because of two words, easy pay.  

Esteemed Contributor

They do it all the time on both channels. They also never mention there is a return fee.  They just say to send it back if your not satisfied.

Honored Contributor

You and I may not like it but t's not illegal to mention only the easy pay amount. It's easy to multiply in my head. And it's still my responsibility to know how much I'll end up paying.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

You and I may not like it but t's not illegal to mention only the easy pay amount. It's easy to multiply in my head. And it's still my responsibility to know how much I'll end up paying.

Color me confused, but where did anyone say it was illegal to mention only the easy pay amount?

Respected Contributor

as you can tell by my name I use easy pay. Of course I only buy items I can afford, marked down, & usually on free shipping days. If I have presentations on in the background I look at product and lately think --oh that is pretty --look at total price and think--but not that pretty. Of course this is all according to what one wants or needs.

Maybe just giving the ep price is like the old joke of the cat dying . One person asking about the cat and the other saying it died. The 2nd person reprimanded the first saying -- what a shock, you should have gradually told me this news... first saying the cat fell off the roof,but then died from it's injuries. The reply was 'oh I am sorry'. Then the 2nd person asked "oh by the way , how is grandma?" Eh.. she is up on the roof.