Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Whippit wrote:

@teachgrd3 wrote:

I have to agree with the original poster. I'm a longtime viewer/shopper, since the late eighties when it was CVN. Over the years product lines changed. Hosts changed. But, the experience of watching remained pleasant. I was a single, working mom and often had QVC on in the background as I did my housework, schoolwork, etc. in the evenings and weekend. QVC offered me exposure and opportunity to purchase products that I didn't have time to go out looking for while teaching full time and raising my daughter. In the process, the hosts were easy to watch and listen to and I enjoyed them. Over the years, QVC earned my business and I was thankful for the pleasant and convenient shopping experience. In recent years, hosts and product lines have continued to change, but the experience of watching is no longer pleasant. Too many newer hosts are motor mouths, speaking so rapidly that they are frantic to listen to. It reminds me of when I was teaching and some children would read aloud so quickly, and we would work on slowing down. They now could be QVC hosts! I also dislike the constant Qcard push, with hosts having to hold up a Qcard and claiming how wonderful it is. Lastly, product lines are not the variety that I enjoyed before, which is a personal opinion, but has caused me to not watch nearly as often. I miss shopping QVC but it's just not for me anymore. 

Wow!...I could have written this myself!....they are my thoughts exactly....I have been a customer for 30 years, & when I got home from work I would turn it on to relax!....what!...I can't do that now...I don't order much if any...it's such a shame..

the hosts drive me crazy..

I blame it all on Mike George. Things started to go downhill when he came aboard.  I believe he puts pressure on the hosts to make their numbers.  Sad how Qvc  is slowly fading away into irrelevence more and more each year. 

@Reever  QVC made 11.28 billion dollars last year. That’s up from 8.77 billion dollars the year before. You have stated more than once that you do nothing but watch 12 to 16 hours of QVC every day. How these financial facts along with your assertion that you watch 16 hours of QVC a day translates into the company “slowly fading away into irrelevance” doesn’t speak much to your knowledge or self esteem.

Honored Contributor

@MaureenB wrote:

QVC used to be comfortable.  A host I was at ease with and trusted her or his

opinion.  Now I can't find my beloved old hosts.   And who are these models?  

I can't find my favorite models.  What the hell is going on???  There seems

to be such less professionalism.  The hosts stand there and eat an entire plate

of whatever they are selling.  What is that???   Is everyone starving.

Since this major change I am not watching and I am not purchasing.  I do not

feel at home with this new change.  And its been awhile.  I do not ffeel good

watching anymore. 

I am going to Target now.

Please read this and take it seriously!!!

Maureen        Minnesota

I'd like to suggest you remove your last name from posts.  Who knows who reads posts.  All it takes is one crazy person.  

Occasional Contributor

I do not understand the hoopla about hosts, etc. I work full-time and record QVC shows that I want to watch. If I watch a D&C show and not crazy about the host, I hit the mute button and just look at the product. QVC offers something for every age, I do not think they target a certain age group. I do not buy certain brands like Logo, just a sloppy clothing line, something dangling here and something dangling there and most items are too expensive. I have a lot of Denim & Co in my closet, stylish and not that expensive. I am 72 years young and feel good in D&C clothing, love perfect jersey. I do not buy Susan Graver, I call her the synthetic queen, no matter if you call something liquid knit or butter knit, synthetics are synthetics. I live in Texas with high heat and high humity and only wear cotton and D&C offers plenty of that. I enjoy the banter between Carolyn Gracie and Gary Goben, I think they present shows worth watching.

Regular Contributor

I am in agreement.  The new models are not professionals at all.  I really don't mean to criticize but I used to enjoy their presence, now its really quite hard to figue out.  They also do not know how to show that garment off.  I feel sorry for them because they are out of their comfort zone and none of that is their fault. Samr problem with who is choosing their clothing separates to wear, they are not put together by someone who know what they are doing.

Occasional Visitor
I have noticed the changes, as well. Some of the changes are ok and change is a constant in life. I doubt any of these changes are up to the hosts themselves. What bothers me the most are the hosts who can't keep their eyes of themselves in the monitor, like Jennifer C., or the hosts who aren't always respectful of the guest presenters, like Sandra B. These behaviors are annoying and lack professionalism, so I usually don't watch these hosts shows, even when it's a favorite product line. The only other reason I might have to change the channel.... Is I don't want to spend more money! Hahaha!
Regular Contributor

@mlpb wrote:
I have noticed the changes, as well. Some of the changes are ok and change is a constant in life. I doubt any of these changes are up to the hosts themselves. What bothers me the most are the hosts who can't keep their eyes of themselves in the monitor, like Jennifer C., or the hosts who aren't always respectful of the guest presenters, like Sandra B. These behaviors are annoying and lack professionalism, so I usually don't watch these hosts shows, even when it's a favorite product line. The only other reason I might have to change the channel.... Is I don't want to spend more money! Hahaha!

I have had enough of Issac on Fridays, Will tune in when another host is on. 

Contributor
I will only watch Isaac ( who I love) with Jen. Shawn?! No Way!!! I just look at the program guide and the items on that show. She is just nauseating. And Antonella shoveling food in her mouth.... ugg.
Occasional Contributor

I do agree with many others who love the longtime hosts and their banter. When you have a comfort level with these people it does make you buy more. Love Leah, she should be running a morning talk show! Carolyn and Gary, Jayne and Pat, David-funny,  these shows are good concepts. And I so loved LR and PM style. It was comfortable coming home and flipping on her and some of the others.

Super Contributor

@teachgrd3

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU WROTE 100%.

I TOO HAVE BEEN A LONTIME VIEWER/SHOPPER AND HAVE

WATCHED THE CHANGES AND DON'T FEEL IT'S FOR THE BETTER!

I  DON'T WATCH QVC AS MUCH AS I USE TOO, I PERFER TO GO ONLINE

TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING I MAYBE INTEREST IT IN, BECAUSE I CAN'T.

TAKE THE CHATTY HOSTS. 

THE FASHION LINES ARE NOT AS NICE AS THEY USE TO BE, GONE ARE ALL

THE WONDERFUL DESIGNERS QVC USE TO HAVE, HAVE NOTICED MORE

MORE ARE LEAVING.. 

I GREATLY MISS THE OLD QVC.....

Contributor

Who cares how many posts someone has? The person had an opinion to express and maybe has other things in their life to do besides hang around a forum. Seems that if anyone has a disagreed with point of view, it is implied they need x amount of posts before being allowed to do so.