Occasional Contributor

I disagree.

QVC tries to make their platform a homey place ......family-like. they are trying to make you feel like you belong there (that's their marketing angle).

(EX) get a cup of coffee and come right back, or Leah who always poses a question that she wants you to answer, that type of thing.

When they change their marketing model hiring different hosts who make you feel uncomfortable then your perception changes as to how you feel about the NEW platform.

Let's face it, people that  watch QVC mostly are people that don't work and we reply on it as part of our extended family.

Change the routine and people will start leaving. People don't like change. They sell their products because people tune in to watch the people they have come to know and like.

Since I have been  watching QVC I have seen people get married, have children then retire. I am following Jill now cause I like her.  It's not the same thing as watching mainstream TV where it's just a show. QVC is sort of like watching Hallmark TV, they make you feel wanted there and when they start changing things you don't feel the same cozy feeling you did before.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you. Younger people are the ones buying the clothes and paying for them. As we age and retire, we have too many clothes as it is and giving them away to make room for things that we actually want to wear. And not pay a fortune for them either. Their prices have gone through the roof the last year or so. Some of these tops on D & C are not worth the high $30 's, they look like something you would wear around the house only. I am glad that I shopped like crazy and have lots and lots of clothes so I don't have to be forced to pay their high prices. It's gotten to the point that before I will  buy their TSV I now check Amazon to price compare. Young hosts will appeal to the younger girls and sell more to them. And now that HSN is under the wing of QVC it's the same over there too.

Occasional Contributor

I disagree, the more  you watch QVC the higher the possibility you will find something you need or think you need, the percentage is just higher.  

Honored Contributor

The OP is a new member, comes in here gripes, and never to be seen again.  Same old same old

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor
Just FYI, some of who have watched QVC since it’s inception also come and read the forums periodically, but either don’t post or rarely post. Who is to say the OP has t watched QVC since it’s beginning? Regardless, the OP’s opinion is just as important as anyone else’s! If the OP never posts again, why would that make her opinion less important?
Contributor

i don't care for none of the new host!the newest of them that i do like ALBERTI POPAJ. the rest of them [new host] are boring! and i never watch if gabrielle kerr, rick domeier,carolyn gracie,and dan hughes antonella nest too much

Contributor

i mainly watch when they satrt Christmas shows only i rarely watch after that!they are too high,

Frequent Contributor

I have to agree with the original poster. I'm a longtime viewer/shopper, since the late eighties when it was CVN. Over the years product lines changed. Hosts changed. But, the experience of watching remained pleasant. I was a single, working mom and often had QVC on in the background as I did my housework, schoolwork, etc. in the evenings and weekend. QVC offered me exposure and opportunity to purchase products that I didn't have time to go out looking for while teaching full time and raising my daughter. In the process, the hosts were easy to watch and listen to and I enjoyed them. Over the years, QVC earned my business and I was thankful for the pleasant and convenient shopping experience. In recent years, hosts and product lines have continued to change, but the experience of watching is no longer pleasant. Too many newer hosts are motor mouths, speaking so rapidly that they are frantic to listen to. It reminds me of when I was teaching and some children would read aloud so quickly, and we would work on slowing down. They now could be QVC hosts! I also dislike the constant Qcard push, with hosts having to hold up a Qcard and claiming how wonderful it is. Lastly, product lines are not the variety that I enjoyed before, which is a personal opinion, but has caused me to not watch nearly as often. I miss shopping QVC but it's just not for me anymore. 

Frequent Contributor

@teachgrd3 wrote:

I have to agree with the original poster. I'm a longtime viewer/shopper, since the late eighties when it was CVN. Over the years product lines changed. Hosts changed. But, the experience of watching remained pleasant. I was a single, working mom and often had QVC on in the background as I did my housework, schoolwork, etc. in the evenings and weekend. QVC offered me exposure and opportunity to purchase products that I didn't have time to go out looking for while teaching full time and raising my daughter. In the process, the hosts were easy to watch and listen to and I enjoyed them. Over the years, QVC earned my business and I was thankful for the pleasant and convenient shopping experience. In recent years, hosts and product lines have continued to change, but the experience of watching is no longer pleasant. Too many newer hosts are motor mouths, speaking so rapidly that they are frantic to listen to. It reminds me of when I was teaching and some children would read aloud so quickly, and we would work on slowing down. They now could be QVC hosts! I also dislike the constant Qcard push, with hosts having to hold up a Qcard and claiming how wonderful it is. Lastly, product lines are not the variety that I enjoyed before, which is a personal opinion, but has caused me to not watch nearly as often. I miss shopping QVC but it's just not for me anymore. 

Wow!...I could have written this myself!....they are my thoughts exactly....I have been a customer for 30 years, & when I got home from work I would turn it on to relax!....what!...I can't do that now...I don't order much if any...it's such a shame..

the hosts drive me crazy..

Respected Contributor

@Whippit wrote:

@teachgrd3 wrote:

Wow!...I could have written this myself!....they are my thoughts exactly....I have been a customer for 30 years, & when I got home from work I would turn it on to relax!....what!...I can't do that now...I don't order much if any...it's such a shame..

the hosts drive me crazy..

I blame it all on Mike George. Things started to go downhill when he came aboard.  I believe he puts pressure on the hosts to make their numbers.  Sad how Qvc  is slowly fading away into irrelevence more and more each year.