Contributor

Well said.  I agree.  Management listen to your customers.  We are not watching or buying.

Trusted Contributor

Most businesses today are catering to those in the 18-30 age group.  QVC's promo ads don't feature mature women.  The fact that the senior hosts are leaving in favor of younger, "hipper" hosts is not a surprise.  The company likes our money but doesn't want to appeal to us anymore.

Regular Contributor

QVC not rotating hosts our products enough - since I work weekdays as a lot of folks - watch weeknights & weekends.  I have noticed that QVC does not rotate hosts as they used to as  I see same ones over & over & over &o over ......so much that I cannot watch some of them anymore - I have now been so overdosed by some of the more itrritiating hosts like David, Kerstin and Courtney K that I can’t even watch them anymore - I actually change channels when they are on.  Please provide more rotation - keeping all these hosts on same times is like watching same shows over - its like Groundhog Day,   QVC has also become too focused on same brands over & over & over wiith not much variety - it;s too much of ...Dooney, IT, Logo, Belle, Denim & Co, Susan Graver, Josie Maran, Isaac,, Cuddl Duds, Anybody, Vionoc,Breezies...getting very monotonous between same same hosts & same brands - you are losing me.

Regular Contributor

Agree with you on who they are “trying” to target but 18-30 group is NOT buying brands they air too often such Denim & Co, Logo,Dooney, Susan Graver, Nick Chavez, Belle, “In the Kitchen w Daviditems” etc...) these are not 18-30 brands...more like 50 & over!   

Valued Contributor

I guess I’m in the minority, because I only watch QVC when I think there might be a product I’m interested in buying. I could care less about who is selling the product. I just want the information about it and it’s pluses and minuses. It would be rare for me to ever watch more than a couple hours a week. I think complaining that you won’t shop QVC because of the hosts is like complaining that you won’t shop at the mall because you don’t like the type of hangers the clothes are on or how the jewelry is organized in the display case. I think if you’re complaining about the hosts and watching several hours a day, you probably have no intention of making a purchase anyway, because your focus is clearly not on shopping. 

Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31 wrote:

Agree with you on who they are “trying” to target but 18-30 group is NOT buying brands they air too often such Denim & Co, Logo,Dooney, Susan Graver, Nick Chavez, Belle, “In the Kitchen w Daviditems” etc...) these are not 18-30 brands...more like 50 & over!   

18 to 30 even 35 are not tuning into the Q to see what they have,if they do buy anything from the Q, it's online. I think when the Q stops being greedy and offers free S&H and returns they will get more business from every age group. I am over 65 with a fair amount of disposable income and I do like to see what they have and do watch off and on throughout the day. I know the hosts are not my friends and I'm not lonely so I don't need them to be. I enjoy most of the new hosts and it's obvious they are trying hard to keep their job in theatrical retail sales.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the angst about hosts. Every business has turnover.  No one likes everyone.  It's life.   It's not their job to make me feel comfortable.  They are doing the job Q hired them to do...selling.  They are eating because it's a food show.   While I don't like every host, they all wouldn't like me either.  it's ok.  The world isn't all about us.  Try not to sweat the small stuff.

Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31 wrote:

QVC not rotating hosts our products enough - since I work weekdays as a lot of folks - watch weeknights & weekends.  I have noticed that QVC does not rotate hosts as they used to as  I see same ones over & over & over &o over ......so much that I cannot watch some of them anymore - I have now been so overdosed by some of the more itrritiating hosts like David, Kerstin and Courtney K that I can’t even watch them anymore - I actually change channels when they are on.  Please provide more rotation - keeping all these hosts on same times is like watching same shows over - its like Groundhog Day,   QVC has also become too focused on same brands over & over & over wiith not much variety - it;s too much of ...Dooney, IT, Logo, Belle, Denim & Co, Susan Graver, Josie Maran, Isaac,, Cuddl Duds, Anybody, Vionoc,Breezies...getting very monotonous between same same hosts & same brands - you are losing me.

As a host gains seniority, they likely get better choices of hours.  Every employee anywhere would be mad if they'd been with a company a long time and worked their way up to decent hours only to be told they had to work nights or some odd shifts.  

That said, I do agree Q doesn't have much of a variety of products anymore.  They seem to show the same things, or some variation of, over and over.  And almost everything can be purchased elsewhere for less money, free shipping, free returns, and with promo codes.

Esteemed Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

I agree that the comfort QVC gave is changing.  Some of the hosts became familiar.  Even if I wasn't shopping I could turn on Q and just listen.  But the sales pitch wasn't so heavy in those days.  Q had more of a conversational style.  The new hosts are still getting their legs under them--but I find it hard to listen to most of them for any period of time.  Some try to hard, talk too loud, act too silly, care too much about telling their own story, etc....

------------------

It is not just the new hosts that behave that way!!!  Several of the more tenured hosts behave the exact same way.  Can't stand the constant interruptions; long family stories; the loud voices; the unnecessary laughter and the made up words. None of these practices enhance the presentation! That is why I hardly watch QVC anymore.

Contributor

I have been watchingQVC for years now and I have been watching it less than normal. I love the way several of the senior hosts describe their products with sizes shown on the models and describing the feel and design of their products. Carolyn, Mary Beth and Alberti and Antonella are my favorites. Carolyn and Mary Beth describe every detail we want to know and do not have to try to sell. They are professional and fun to watch. Although i do like Shawn lately I feel that she talks way too much with her presenters like Izaac and others as well. She does not go to the models and describe their sizes so what we can judge how they look and we can compare them to ourselves.  I would hope that QVC would seriously take these comments to heart as I am not as I once was. Also prices have gotten too expensive I feel. $57 for a blouse is too expensive and although I love Denim and Co. is also getting a little more expensive.