New Contributor

Was taking a lunch break and saw this forum - I may be alone on this but I put the Q on last night and there was "The Find" with Shawn. I watched only because I could not believe how bad the show was, it was like watching a car wreck. It was scattered and all over the place and seemed more full of opinions than facts about the products - I won't be watching again. And what's up with the Q now selling downloads of music, that has to be pointed out between every presentation??  It made me miss Lisa Robertson. Again, it may be just me but I don't remember Lisa having to act crazy to prove she was cool and current. Perhaps after 20 years the Q is just wearing out its welcome with me. 

Occasional Contributor

I've been shopping with QVC since day one. And how it has all changed. But this show is rediculous. They shouldn't be allowing this behavior. It's completely unprofessional. I feel that Shawn is he same way...totally out of control. Mary Beth is my favorite.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Off topic...but I haven't posted here is a long time and post count is starting over again. No idea why, but I've been around awhile Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I love the booty shake it cracks me up. Some of you are a bit uptight over nothing

Esteemed Contributor

When you're hawking boring or same old products, I guess the Q wants their hosts to entertain. Believe me, it's not good entertainment. For that, I go to professionals. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree that some host's behavior is way beyond unprofessional.    The childish behavior and baby talk is a channel changer, as is singing words, squealing, jumping up and down.

Talking as if we are children, slowly and down to us.  Everyone has their own "personal space" crowding a vendor and grinning is both impolite and shows lack of class.    And when has it become acceptable for the hosts to mimic and imitate the vendors, like an SNL skit.   This is disrespectful.    Hosts are professional sales people NOT clowns, comics, and impersonators!    

Regular Contributor

Glad I hurried and read the comments before the moderators poofed them -  a few of you actually had the guts to criticize Princess Shawn!!!  Oh, my, I hope we didn't hurt her feelings.

Visitor

I never comment on these blogs, but I do read them.  I am going to comment today.  I am an avid, well beyond avid,  $$$$$$ QVC shopper.  I respectfully hope someone in management reads this.  I am not on the attack of any show host or vendor, but there are 2 hosts and 1 vendor, sometimes 2,  that don't hesitate to cross a line, push an envelope, whatever you want to call it.  We all have different personalities and thresholds of discomfort.  If this was just a catty thing or product dislike, I'd simply get over it, but that's not it at all.  I LOVE QVC.  I think you guys have set such a high standard, I expect a lot.  You are my main source for shopping purchases, but I am finding I am becoming embarrassed for you and that greatly bothers me.............I just flipped on Shawn Killenger and Isaac Mizrahi at lunch to hear Shawn make a comment about his "cute butt" and his comment about how good his"package" looks dictates how uncomfortable a pair of jeans can be, but he will wear them anyway.  I hope somebody corrects me if I heard this incorrectly, but I did hear correctly because, Shawn caught how inappropriate the comment was.  You could tell from her reaction.  Will I still buy items from the vendors/hosts hosts/vendors who are allowed to continue to act like this?  Probably.   Will I enjoy it as much?  No.  Do I turn to EVINE or HSN when the hosts/vendors who do this are on?  More often all the time.  Do I dislike them?  Absolutely not, that's why I am writing this.  I do like them, but I don't want to have to try this hard to like them.  I'm not a fuddy duddy.  Everybody slips up once in awhile.  No biggie........I do not however, want there to be so many suggestive inappropriate comments and actions within particular hosts' segment that it feels dumb and tacky.  You are not a cheap reality TV show.  You're much classier than that.  Please rein it back in a little.  Please & thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Karen57 wrote:

My vent: I know many may disagree, but Shawn is by far the most irritating of all the QVC hosts. I don't know who thought she was a good replacement for the classy Lisa but they got it VERY wrong. G.i.l.i. Is a classy, upscale line. Shawns clownish antics make her presentations unwatchable. I love the G.i.l.i. Line but I often miss on items since I can't watch when she's on.  My opinion is the same for any item she presents. Her silliness and sometime rudeness ( especially with Isaac ) should not be tolerated. 

As for the vendors, Susan Graver by far is the most irritating followed by, Lori Goldstein  and Renee Greenberg. They all continuously talk over the hosts, interrupt and gush over each color...PLEASE SHUT UP AND LET THE HOST get through the colors so we can start to order. DON'T TAlK WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS SPEAKING! Where are your Manners! Just my two cents.

You lost me at the "GILI is a classy, upscale line" part. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KansasL wrote:

I never comment on these blogs, but I do read them.  I am going to comment today.  I am an avid, well beyond avid,  $$$$$$ QVC shopper.  I respectfully hope someone in management reads this.  I am not on the attack of any show host or vendor, but there are 2 hosts and 1 vendor, sometimes 2,  that don't hesitate to cross a line, push an envelope, whatever you want to call it.  We all have different personalities and thresholds of discomfort.  If this was just a catty thing or product dislike, I'd simply get over it, but that's not it at all.  I LOVE QVC.  I think you guys have set such a high standard, I expect a lot.  You are my main source for shopping purchases, but I am finding I am becoming embarrassed for you and that greatly bothers me.............I just flipped on Shawn Killenger and Isaac Mizrahi at lunch to hear Shawn make a comment about his "cute butt" and his comment about how good his"package" looks dictates how uncomfortable a pair of jeans can be, but he will wear them anyway.  I hope somebody corrects me if I heard this incorrectly, but I did hear correctly because, Shawn caught how inappropriate the comment was.  You could tell from her reaction.  Will I still buy items from the vendors/hosts hosts/vendors who are allowed to continue to act like this?  Probably.   Will I enjoy it as much?  No.  Do I turn to EVINE or HSN when the hosts/vendors who do this are on?  More often all the time.  Do I dislike them?  Absolutely not, that's why I am writing this.  I do like them, but I don't want to have to try this hard to like them.  I'm not a fuddy duddy.  Everybody slips up once in awhile.  No biggie........I do not however, want there to be so many suggestive inappropriate comments and actions within particular hosts' segment that it feels dumb and tacky.  You are not a cheap reality TV show.  You're much classier than that.  Please rein it back in a little.  Please & thank you.

Although I didn't hear this particular exchange, it sounds familiar. Isaac loves to make, what he thinks is funny, a stupid comment on the UPS man with his big package. And then he looks sly with a silly grin. He got hung up on this for a long time. Loves to talk abut packages. A host could put a stop to that whenever she wished, if she wished. He wouldn't try this with most other hosts, if any, besides Shawn.