Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts are Hosts- Models are Models

Many times the host looks better in the item than the models.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind seeing the hosts modeling the clothes, as long as they are still giving out the pertinent info!

I don't feel like they have to change into everything they are showing, but it doesn't bother me either.

It is somewhat refreshing to see some other body types other than the same models!

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes the hosts has to swap out what they're wearing because the color or the item sold out.

Or it could be they're getting a prompt from the producer to change because an item/color isn't selling.

Or they just like to play dress up.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Sometimes the hosts has to swap out what they're wearing because the color or the item sold out.

David would love this part of the job.  Does he ever sell clothes?  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

i need to find out why stuff like this doesn't bother me.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

What is the 'pertinent' info posters are looking for from the hosts?

Serious question.

They are never going to give the measurements of all the sizes...I have to go online and look at the chart for that.

XXS-5X?  How could they read all those measurements...and then there might be petites and talls.....I do often hear the lengths for all varities..

They show the colors usually...and close up of the garment details like pockets etc....

I agree I don't want to hear about families, where to wear or even how to wear....but what else that would impact a decision to purchase is missing?

Maybe if it runs true to size?  But that is an opinion really...Might fit Amy great, but tight for me....

Super Contributor

It's an "appeal to host" sales technique. If a viewer likes a particular host or how that host looks wearing/"modeling" the item, the viewer may be more likely to purchase that item. It seems that usually whatever color the host is wearing "will be the first to go" or "is flying out...

I assume it must be good for QVC sales stats or else they wouldn't do it.

Valued Contributor

Hosts doing modeling bothered me @ first but I'm ok with it now. I just wish hosts would give the information I need to decide if I want to purchase. I need to know measurements and information about the fabric. If hosts are going to model, how about models doing some hosting? My vote goes to Blair.
Honored Contributor

Hosts can change clothes 20 times in 20 minutes for all I care. I just want to hear specifics on sizing, colors, fit, length, etc etc.

Super Contributor

I , personally, think they should have one or the other!!! Models come in all shapes and sizes, hire accordingly!!!!!