New Contributor

Would love to see more hosts and models that are like "real women" and NOT reed thin and extremely tall. It's hard to determine how a fashion would look on the average women when the model is 5'10 and probably weighs 100 pounds. Also, some of the hosts are reed thin and, really, not a believable size for the average woman. Of the models, Maria and Jackie are very beautiful and realistic.

Respected Contributor

Wow, here we go again! I'm 6ft tall and slim, so once again I'm not considered a real woman? 5'10" is not "extremely tall" either. Why is it ok to make comments about tall, thin women, calling them reed thin and not real, but not ok to call someone out for being overweight?

Maybe Maria and Jackie are realistic for you, but Katia and Kate are realistic for me. QVC does have a range of models of different sizes and heights.

Occasional Contributor

MarthaStewardess you are so right! I'm getting really tired of not being a "real woman" since I'm a healthy weight. I'm assuming people mean no harm when they make these comments, but it's frustrating. I totally agree it's unfair to comment on thin people, but you have to hold your tongue regarding larger people.

I have been obese and a healthy weight so speak from both sides of the issue.

Honored Contributor

The average woman they say is 5ft4 and a size large,so if that is true then the models do not represent the average woman.Of course you have petite women and tall women that want to be represented too. I rarely see women over 5ft.10 in my daily life and actually the tallest woman I know is 5ft.8. Most of the women I see on a daily basis look to be 5ft.5 and shorter and all weights.

Honored Contributor
They want models who make the clothes look good. A short ""fluffy"" woman does not show them to their best advantage. They don't give a hoot how they'd look on the average American woman.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
""Real"" women come in all sizes; the xs and s sizes in my favorite brands are always sold out. The size large model Jacqui is on 24/7 and looks beautiful so I'm not sure what you want.
Honored Contributor
On 9/5/2014 MarthaStewardess said:

Wow, here we go again! I'm 6ft tall and slim, so once again I'm not considered a real woman? 5'10" is not "extremely tall" either. Why is it ok to make comments about tall, thin women, calling them reed thin and not real, but not ok to call someone out for being overweight?

Maybe Maria and Jackie are realistic for you, but Katia and Kate are realistic for me. QVC does have a range of models of different sizes and heights.

Indeed, here we go again. I so agree with you. I think the Q does a reasonably good job of representing most body types, and don't think they can really be expected to put together a kick-line of models representing every conceivable shape, size, and ethnicity... I have to say, I get really tired of this mantra... Besides, aren't we all 'real' or are some of us just figments of the imagination...? Ridiculous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
On 9/5/2014 baker said:

The average woman they say is 5ft4 and a size large,so if that is true then the models do not represent the average woman.Of course you have petite women and tall women that want to be represented too. I rarely see women over 5ft.10 in my daily life and actually the tallest woman I know is 5ft.8. Most of the women I see on a daily basis look to be 5ft.5 and shorter and all weights.

That's true for my associates too.

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC has a variety of models weightwise, however, not short models. I'm not heavy, I'm petite, but I use Jackie as my gauge for how thinks will look because she has curves. I think Jackie is one of the most attractive models and she can wear clothes well.

Super Contributor

Since qvc uses a modeling agency for the models, they are limited to who the agency has on their list. Even plus size catalogs and websites like Lane Bryant and Woman Within use models no larger than a XL. There probably is a very limited market for models more than an XL or an occasional knock out 1X like Rebecca. It was considered revolutionary when Vogue said they would no longer use models younger than 16 for their editorial photos!!

It's sad that women still refer to each other as "fat" and "skinny" and consider anyone different than their familiar circles as "not normal". The fashion world will never become more inclusive until their audience does first.