Contributor

Hosts: PLEASE STATE SIZES MODELS ARE WEARING!!!

I have sent NUMEROUS e-mail requests to QVC to have the show hosts state the models' sizes for fashion items.  I don't want to know what size they "are."  Because sizing varies HUGELY among ALL QVC DESIGNERS, for every fashion item I want to know what size each model is ACTUALLY WEARING.  QVC seems to think sizing is consistent, but if you spend even 5 mintues reading reviews, you'll see that sizing is NOT consistent, not for any single designer.  Carolyn is the best at stating the sizes she and the models are wearing, and Shawn is the worst.  And make sure to STATE the sizing, not just say (as some hosts do) that model sizing is available on the screen.  That "on screen" sizing DOES NOT SHOW UP in the video presentations.  PLEASE, QVC, pay attention to this request--I've seen in numerous times in various reviews.  Providing this info would cut down hugely on customer returns--and frustration.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts: PLEASE STATE SIZES MODELS ARE WEARING!!!

They tell us all the time what size the models are wearing....you need to listen more closely...

Occasional Contributor

If you pull the item up on line there is the model's name and size -- 

Contributor

I listen a lot, including to live presentations.  They actually DON'T state the sizes more often than they do.  Thus, my request.

Contributor

Respectfully, not often enough.  And the models have standards sizes attached to their photos.  Those standard sizes don't always correlate to the sometimes inconsistent sizing of tops.

Honored Contributor

The models rarely do a 180.............so how do we know how many pins and clips are around the back.....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I must be missing something, the size of the model doesn't matter to me.

It might only matter when buying a garment only sized as S-M-L-1X etc.

Every time I watch a show, they always say the model is wearing their true size, which I doubt anyway.

Which is why I buy my clothing in person, so I can try on at the store.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA. The hosts have enough time to chat about themselves, so why aren't they giving pertinent details to make the shopping experience more wisely.

I've also noticed, the hosts continue to not give the inseam. It seems to me, the inseam might cut back on sales so they just don't want to give it. I suppose they figure the customer will take a chance and alter them. And if they have to endure the cost of the return, well...more money for the Q.

The hosts spend an inordinate amount of time on each item. The least they can do is give all the information needed. I'm not interest in their jabbering nonsense.

Super Contributor

Recently I saw them actually list the model's size in a pop up on the show. It caught me off guard but I appreciated hearing the phrase" I normally wear a medium but I sized up in this one"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Java wrote:
Recently I saw them actually list the model's size in a pop up on the show. It caught me off guard but I appreciated hearing the phrase" I normally wear a medium but I sized up in this one"

I totally agree.  We need to know whether or not they have sized up or down in an item, not just what size they are wearing.

I also agree with the poster here that indicates they rarely do a 180.  We need to see what items look like from the side and back views.  It really does help.

Hope these issues are addressed.