Contributor

Agree, Agree, Agree.  Success goes to their heads sometimes.  The whole culture of QVC has totally changed.  Everything is about MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY and LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME.

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2wrote:

I am a fan of Shawn, but she ordered every single item (in multiples) on air. in the peace, hope, love show .  It was so disruptive that the vendor had to do her job and was joking about it to get her attention back to selling the product.  I don't know if it was too much coffee or what the problem was, but it was completely out of control, immature, and unprofessional.  There used to be a rule that hosts could not order until after the show.  Now that the personal shopping is getting in the way of presenting the items, perhaps it should be reinstated. Smiley Happy

I am also a fan of Shawn.....and i only caught her in the Martha Stewart show ordering.....i feel like it is just a selling tactic also...not sure if i believe the hosts are actually buying each of the items they claim on air.....always felt Mary Beth was the worst with saying she bought so many items presented..although i never heard her do it while hosting...........................I remember when the claim was that they couldn't purchase until AFTER

the shows aired....but i never quite believed that either because once in a while a host would "slip" and say they had ordered the item already.....

Honored Contributor

Hosts do this as a sales ploy.  LR used to do it all the time.  I don't believe they are actually buying what they say.  

Super Contributor

I can't stand when the hosts order for themselves on-air.  Are they selling or shopping?  Jill about lost her mind yesterday getting her friend "Jason upstairs" to order her two T shirts from the Halston show.  Surely she knew what was in the show prior to it airing.  She could have made arrangements for someone to order for her then.  

Respected Contributor

Why do the host feel the need to tell us everything they buy from QVC, I could care less what they buy, just stop the nonsense.

Trusted Contributor

I too believe it is simply a sales tactic. They clearly have the ability to preview what they are selling. Otherwise it makes no sense. Sort of like getting the people worked up and caught up in the hype, if you buy this you will be like me. I turn it off when it starts. Anyway, this topic has been discussed before and there seems to be a consensus, but, what I find very interesting are the number of posters with a very limited history coming on this thread to post.

Respected Contributor

@mdcrabdianewrote:

Agree, Agree, Agree.  Success goes to their heads sometimes.  The whole culture of QVC has totally changed.  Everything is about MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY and LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME.

Uh ... kind of like the countries culture .. LOOK AT ME .. LOOK AT ME .....??

Respected Contributor

Sorry I missed it ....

Super Contributor

Shawn is out of control with this habit of ordering during shows.  I wasn't sure anyone else noticed it...ha, glad you all did!  She also did it during her presentation with Martha Stewart last night.  JMO, I find it disrespectful to the Vendor.  Hosts' usually mention they see their "line up" of merchandise prior to show.  What's stopping her from ordering items then???  

Respected Contributor

I had a thread on this before.  I hate it!  Shawn K. is the biggest offender.  She started last night the minute her show came on; I immediately changed the channel.  Martha was on with a top and Shawn was obsessing on ordering 3 colors for herself; very unprofessional.  I don't think it is a sales gimmick with her; she is just being self absorbed.