Occasional Contributor

Host attire... time to elevate

[ Edited ]

I enjoy watching and shopping on QVC and HSN but I feel the hosts should stop wearing PJ's/loungewear whenever they (the PJ's/loungewear) are being presented, even if not a TSV.  Seemed appropriate while we were in deep pandemic mode since we were home so so much but I feel like now (being post pandemic) we should all elevate and strive for more, better which includes how we dress and present ourselves everyday.  This is a missed opportunity for QVC and HSN to showcase the latest designer fashions.  PJ's are PJ's and honestly do most of us really need another pair? JMHO

EDIT for clarification on what I meant by elevate:  I am NOT talking about going back to a life in skirts, nylons and heels.  (Where did anyone pull that from?  Come on people.)  Elevating above PJ's is as basic and easy as leggings and cute tunic with interesting jewelry or jeans and fun shirt with a great scarf.  If you love living all day everyday in PJ's then be fabulous and be you.  Love what someone said below about let the model's model the clothes being presented otherwise host attire should be inspirational, creative, flattering and attractive.  That is what I meant by elevate.  Again JMHO.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Host attire... time to elevate

@dorzie I agree

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't dress up for anything. I don't even own a dress or skirt or heels. I happen to like comfortable clothes. On a daily basis I wear jeans or sweats and a tee shirts, sweatshirt and sneakers. In summer it's shorts and a tee. I'm clean and that's what matters. Even going out to dinner is cargo pants and boots or sneakers. Dressing up means different things in different parts of the country. 

Honored Contributor

@dorzie wrote:

I enjoy watching and shopping on QVC and HSN but I feel the hosts should stop wearing PJ's/loungewear whenever they (the PJ's/loungewear) are being presented, even if not a TSV.  Seemed appropriate while we were in deep pandemic mode since we were home so so much but I feel like now (being post pandemic) we should all elevate and strive for more, better which includes how we dress and present ourselves everyday.  This is a missed opportunity for QVC and HSN to showcase the latest designer fashions.  PJ's are PJ's and honestly do most of us really need another pair? JMHO

@dorzie 

I have already popped my popcorn.  Just waiting for the Awakening of the PJ crowd.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Does anyone really need to be reminded it's gift buying time? Pj's & loungewear are big sellers so hosts are going to wear them...some more than others, lol. No big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

The PJ's are a little overdone. But for me, what I don't like is drinking wine while on air. Very unprofessional.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading so many posts regarding PJ attire, I guess I'm the odd one out. It doesn't really bother me in the least what the hosts are wearing on air. In fact, I never thought twice about it until reading everyone's aversion to it.

I do feel most, not all, people wear some sort of sleepwear and/or loungewear more often than any other attire. I mean, after all, we want comfy clothing to sleep in.  PJ's seem to sell or they wouldn't offer so many of them as well as hosts wearing them. 

To me, please keep in mind this is my own opinion, what they wear is so minor compared to some of the annoying things they often say and do, too much talk about family, too hyper, etc. What a host wears does not bother me.

Honored Contributor

@dorzie   But you're missing the point of why the hosts keep wearing them.  It's because they work for a retail corporation that knows pajamas & loungewear is a multi-billion dollar industry that continues to grow leaps & bounds.  All the industry reports on fashion sales mention this.

So, as long as the consumer demand for them keeps buying PJs, retailers like QVC will still push them.  The hosts' job is to remind you that you can get them from QVC, in abundance.

Respected Contributor

My thought is hosts should only wear garments for sale by QVC (HSN if on the other channel.) Two garments over the weekend that caught a lot of inquiries seemed to be unavailable on QVC's site. Missed sales from hosts wearing their own clothing cannot be recouped.

Regular Contributor

Body identification