Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host Is a little hyped

[ Edited ]

@mosky wrote:

I really don't know where to start...First,did anyone see Pat yesterday with Bob Mackie.the continous Hysterical laughing.made me turn off the show,and I love to watch Bob Mackie.It was such a drastic difference watching Mary Beth with him.Something was definately wrong wth Pat yesterday,usually she has such a pleasant manner,so I hope everything is ok with her.So on to the real problems with the hosts.In every business there are employees that do an excellent job and some that do a half way job.It appears that we have too many hosts that do a half way job.Please train these hosts!!!

---------------------

I would add a third category...hosts that don't ever do the job well!!  There are several of those!  Now that the Q is not showing real time shows at night, there is no need to have an overflow of host employees.  Either train the inferior hosts or let them go... 

Trusted Contributor

Cannot listen to Rick.  He is always talking way to fast.  Alberti on The Gourmet shows sounds like he is shouting.  Shut both of them off.

Trusted Contributor

@mosky wrote:

I really don't know where to start...First,did anyone see Pat yesterday with Bob Mackie.the continous Hysterical laughing.made me turn off the show,and I love to watch Bob Mackie.It was such a drastic difference watching Mary Beth with him.Something was definately wrong wth Pat yesterday,usually she has such a pleasant manner,so I hope everything is ok with her.So on to the real problems with the hosts.In every business there are employees that do an excellent job and some that do a half way job.It appears that we have too many hosts that do a half way job.Please train these hosts!!!

She must have been having a personal summer that she is always talking about.  Cannot stand that term.

Contributor
Agree about grammar...but have you ever listened to even your local newscasters? They literally cannot pronounce much of what they report. It’s like they’re given an iPad with their story a minute before they read it... and what’s with this leaving ‘t’s’ out of words??? Like impor...ant (important) or forgo...en (forgotten). Seriously ridiculous and unprofessional...makes me wonder where these people
go to school...
Occasional Contributor

I agree, he talks over the host where she or he cant get a word in to sell!!

Occasional Contributor

Kerstien likes to say, what ever she is selling, that she has almost everything at her home. One day she was selling Humidifers and she had one in every room at her house!  Then days later she had humifiders, different brand, and she had one in each room again. If this is the way QVC tries to get customers it is the wrong way to go. You should not tell the QVC customers things that are not true. Through us is where  you get people to buy and no lies should be used.

Valued Contributor

@HeatherAG wrote:

@corita wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

Most of the hosts are hyped up.   Who is more hyped than Jane Tracey, or even Sandra Bennett?

As for the host you mentioned, I have no  idea who this new one is.

I know it's probably just me, and for a variety of reasons, I just can't watch these presentations with any pleasure anymore.  It's just too frenetic, too hard sell, I think.

Maybe it's just that I've watched for too long.  Around 25 years, I think. 

I still stop at these channels when I'm channel surfing, but rarely stay on for more than a few minutes.

------------------

Me too!!   I was someone who had QVC on much of the day. I enjoyed sitting down -  relaxing - while watching the presentations.   Now I check in every so often, but it has been a while since I sat down to watch an entire show!!

The 'selling' techniques have changed.  I don't appreciate the current, maniacal tactics used just to make a sale!  I do go online often and search for certain items....

Me, too! Two hosts that seem easier to watch (IMVHO) are Courtney Khondabi and Mary Nelson. 

how about mary deangelis?

Respected Contributor

@heiko wrote:

Kerstien likes to say, what ever she is selling, that she has almost everything at her home. One day she was selling Humidifers and she had one in every room at her house!  Then days later she had humifiders, different brand, and she had one in each room again. If this is the way QVC tries to get customers it is the wrong way to go. You should not tell the QVC customers things that are not true. Through us is where  you get people to buy and no lies should be used.

It's all part of their sales schtick.  Also annoying is when they  are talking about , say, cosmetic items,  they keep several in their gift closet, one in every handbag, gym bag, glove box of the car and desk drawer at work!

Honored Contributor

Kerstin always points the focus of the shows on herself ...and talks fast too.....

Kristine Zell seems to memorize things to say and her presentations seem staged, fake, and not sincere...she makes a lot mistakes too....

Amy talks too fast..........and acts silly so much of the time......

Julia Cearley stumbles and bumbles through the segments she presents....not well prepared at all!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  You are so right!