Contributor

Instead of looking at all the questions of "Where is this product made"?, how about stating clearly the country of origin, instead of saying "Imported"?

Many customers are boycotting products made in China.

Trusted Contributor

You can pretty much surmise that if it's not stated as being made in America, it is imported. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I'll second the motion.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

You can pretty much surmise that if it's not stated as being made in America, it is imported. 

@Mimi 1883 -

Yes, that is already stated. What many are asking is for QVC to state what country!

usually "imported" is a company trying to hide that it is made in China.

If made in India. Pakistan,Thailand, etc, they usually are not reluctant to say!

China, they just say "imported.

I think we all know if made in Italy or Brazil, etc they would be proud to state it.

I just assume if it says "imported" it is made in China and dont buy it.

This for me has no bearing on politics, just since my granddogs ate poisoned food from China, and reports of infant formula contaminated from China, and childrens jewelry from China with lead, and horrible animal testing, as well as deplorable worker conditions, I try to avoid as much as possible made in China.

And don't even attempt to post about electronics, cars, other companies who do the same, etc blah blah -I get it! Some just need to go back to being manufactured in other countries. Until then , I can do the very best I can to avoid products in China, and anyone else who wants to can.

But QVC is all about the money as well as most other companies so it will not happen for a long time no matter what we ask.

I wrote QVC years ago just about this and asking them to have products not made in China. Here we still are.

So the solution is to avoid companies that continue to try to make as much money as they can with these made in China products.

Heck even Walmart has more products made in USA now then QVC! And yeah, I have no statistics or proof, you can look it up if you want to prove or disprove yourself.

As you can see, I am very passionate about this subject as you would be too if you had personal bad experience with it.

By the way, our dogs were ok after getting sick and we got money from the class action lawsuit against the several companies made in China dog food. We were lucky we didn't need infant formula!

You just cannot justify the care for others that many companies there do not have! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Helpful Suggestion

[ Edited ]

@on the bay  You are right and I was incorrect in my post!

I just looked at a top on Nordstrom's site - it only states: "Imported."

I don't watch much QVC and didn't know that they name a country of origin (all the countries you mentioned above) except for 🇨🇳.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 -

I know. You are so right. And i wasn't just addressing this to you I hope you know, just you know stating in general how I felt, so no offense I hope to you.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Are those who are boycotting China still still buying from Pakistan?  Philippines? Vietnam?  Not sure they are our friends either.

Honored Contributor

@GNB1965 wrote:

Instead of looking at all the questions of "Where is this product made"?, how about stating clearly the country of origin, instead of saying "Imported"?

Many customers are boycotting products made in China.

What an original idea!  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Mimi 1883 -

I know. You are so right. And i wasn't just addressing this to you I hope you know, just you know stating in general how I felt, so no offense I hope to you.

@on the bay  Absolutely No offense taken! 😊 I was at fault and you corrected And explained perfectly!

I'm just impressed that QVC states Any country that the prodoct(s) are made in other than 'made in America'!  👍 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I think at least on some items the reason for simply stating "imported" is that the entirety of the contract purchase may originate in more than one country.

For example, BFF ordered a blouse for herself in one size and one for a gift in another color and size.  BFF's blouse was made in China while the gift blouse (same item #) was made in India.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.