Valued Contributor

Have hosts show colours first

We as customers,are interested in all the information of the item being sold...however if the top presented comes in several colors,please,please have the hosts show the colors first...Then tell us the features.If the host is telling all the benefits of the product...the colors are selling out while you are interested.That has happened ,so many times to me,therefore I saw the color I wanted,it was sold.COLORS FIRST,then info.  Thank You

Honored Contributor

Re: Have hosts show colours first

I like knowing the colors first, because I can usually tell just at looking at an item, before detailed information is given, whether I will want it or not. 

And with some items, the colors don't really look like what they call it, so I want to know the name before I go and order it.

On my computer screen, some colors can look similar, so give me the name of the color, and when I go to order it, all the information about sizing, type of material, etc., is right there too.

Saves me time!

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree @mosky In addition....when they photograph clothing items and they come in various colors, they should have the models wear a color other than black for the main picture in the catalog. It's very difficult to determine the style and features when looking at a model who is wearing al black!!!

Respected Contributor

@Laneysmom   That has always been a pet peeve of mine.  Glad you mentioned it.  Sure can't tell any details on black or the darkest color.  Don't know why they do that.  As others have said my second pet peeve has always been show the colors first.  I already know if I want it, but I just need to see the colors!

Respected Contributor

I think that is a great point especially for those who don't order on their devices.  And for me the color is one of the important things I want to know.  I find it frustrating when the host doesn't give the stats on the item first.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

I think MOST of the hosts say "let me go thru colors first before we go into detail."

Esteemed Contributor

I agree they should show colors first. And please don't just pinch the arm of the clothing to show color. Please pull it out and hold it out. Color makes a difference in the way an item looks. Pale pink will be a different look than dark brown. Not that strenuous is it?  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I like knowing the colors first, because I can usually tell just at looking at an item, before detailed information is given, whether I will want it or not. 

And with some items, the colors don't really look like what they call it, so I want to know the name before I go and order it.

On my computer screen, some colors can look similar, so give me the name of the color, and when I go to order it, all the information about sizing, type of material, etc., is right there too.

Saves me time!

Exactly this!! 

Please show colors first!  I really don't care how wonderful an item might be if I just don't like any of the colors...

Frequent Contributor

Agree about showing colors first and not just ppinching out a bit of the sleeve. And along this line, the cameraman needs to pull out to show the whole item. I can’t get a a good perspective by seeing a closeup of a small portion of the garment. I want to see whole garment, in each color, to really get the true perspective.

Super Contributor

I agree. I need to see the entire garment in full, not just the sleeve, in order to know whether I like it in that color.