Occasional Contributor

Why is everything sold out all the time? I'm tired of putting something in my shopping cart, shopping for another 10 min or so and then having the items sell out in that short amount of time!

It seems that if you don't order items right away, you won't get the items. And most of the time the items are sold out and not even on waitlist.

I understand the reasons for doing so from a business perspective, but I think QVC has taken this too far. It's not nearly as enjoyable to order here as it used to be.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have More Quantity On Hand!

I have never had that happen with QVC.  They say they'll hold your choices 1 hour and they do.  Happens all the time at Evine and HSN.  @msack3889  Maybe you're losing track of time and waiting too long.  From their viewpoint, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

No, I assure you I am not losing track of time.

Esteemed Contributor

@msack3889, is there some kind of advantage in waiting to check out so you can add other items to your cart over completing the transaction when you decide on a purchase?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I would like more quantity so that I can read reviews or just have time to think about what to order.  Now almost everything is selling out and will not be reordered, and I have to buy NOW!  This is a turn off for me and why I seldom watch live presentations. 

Trusted Contributor

kachina624 is right.  With QVC, you can put something in your cart, and it will stay in that cart for an hour.  To me, that is very generous as other shopping channels will take it out of your cart if a buyer wants to finalize their purchase before  you have checked out.  It gives you time to do more shopping, read reviews, or walk away and come back!!

Occasional Contributor

That may have been true in the past, but that's just not always the case any more. I've seen threads here with people saying that their items have sold out while in their cart for less than an hour too.

Respected Contributor

Since QVC charges shipping for each product and no longer gives a discount for multiples, it would be to your benefit to check out as soon as you put something in your cart, then continue shopping for additional items if you want.