Honored Contributor

I'd like to see QVC add a time clock in the bottom right hand corner like HSN has. Really helpful when knowing how long a presentation will last.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN does better then QVC

@SharkEDidn't QVC have a clock at one time?  I think so.

I suspect there's a study some place that reveals what happens when there's a clock and when there isn't.  My guess would be having that clock is more helpful to viewers than to the bottom line of the company, but the 2 companies probably have statistics they work from.

I like the clock because I know I can walk away from the TV for a few minutes, but I don't like it because I think it's just one more gimmick pressuring viewers to buy and buy right now. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So true. I'd like it because gives me time to go to bathroom , make a quick call, go to kitchen without having to sit thru a whole presentation on ladders, vacumns, my pillow, etc. so as not to miss an item # and have to call in and go thru all that new phone rigmarow they're putting you thru now. Hate that !

"Hello, let's get started. Do you wish to order blah, blah"?

No, I want to ask a question and not sit thru a whole board of item numbers I'm not wanting to order before I can talk to a real operator.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SharkEDidn't QVC have a clock at one time?  I think so.

I suspect there's a study some place that reveals what happens when there's a clock and when there isn't.  My guess would be having that clock is more helpful to viewers than to the bottom line of the company, but the 2 companies probably have statistics they work from.

I like the clock because I know I can walk away from the TV for a few minutes, but I don't like it because I think it's just one more gimmick pressuring viewers to buy and buy right now. 

QVC did display a clock. I feel like it sometimes popped up when a presentation had 3-5 minutes or fewer. It never felt consistent, so I don't know what the rules really were.

Trusted Contributor

And I would like to see a more user friendly wishlist.  With quantity remaining as is available on HSN and so many other sites I shop at. 

Super Contributor

@SharkE

well try returning something to HSN. If its 1 day past the 30 you get it sent right back to you!  They make no allowances at all. very strict.

Where as QVC is sooooo much easier to work with. They will help you and give allowances for circumstances.

QVC is a dream when it comes to returns and anything else! HSN should learn a thing or 2 from the Q !

Honored Contributor

I just want the clock instead of 'LIVE' down in the right hand corner

Honored Contributor

QVC puts clocks up all the time but now they have it in with the graphics/product information.