Trusted Contributor

The hosts act like they have never seen this food before!  I am not going to buy it just because one of the hosts act like they are going to faint while eating it.  Act like adults!

Valued Contributor

How about yesterdays show with rachael and alberti. OMG, rachael dropped the muffin, broke the blueberry one into so many pieces and she also liked her fingers. I also noticed when she is sampling many times the camera won't show her but one instance the camera caught her and she was so embarrassed. mouth was full. yek

Esteemed Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

How about yesterdays show with rachael and alberti. OMG, rachael dropped the muffin, broke the blueberry one into so many pieces and she also liked her fingers. I also noticed when she is sampling many times the camera won't show her but one instance the camera caught her and she was so embarrassed. mouth was full. yek

@Bella2022   I absolutely cannot watch those two.......don't care what they are selling, I can't watch!  Way too unprofessional.

Super Contributor

I also like Alberti..but Antonella, not so much

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday

[ Edited ]

I do not comprehend why the food shows are becoming the 'Rachel and Alberti" food shows??   There are so many other hosts that could and should present food.  I like Alberti when he hosts decor, but Rachel I won't watch at all, ever.

Frequent Contributor

I always used to watch the food shows hoping I may see something new to try. However, it is impossible to watch the hosts. Eating with their mouths full and covering with their hand. Happy dances over it. And my fav, acting like they are having a sexual orgasm. People its only food. come on. Guranteed it does not taste that good! Trust me. They all must be trained to say and act the same way on camera. Pathetic! Oh my real favorite moment, seeing Jimmy the baker cut into one of his cakes and seeing all mold!! Classic!

Honored Contributor

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Oh my real favorite moment, seeing Jimmy the baker cut into one of his cakes and seeing all mold!! Classic!

Loved that!

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Oh my real favorite moment, seeing Jimmy the baker cut into one of his cakes and seeing all mold!! Classic!

Loved that!

Sadly the Gourmet Holiday shows have not been the same since Dan Wheeler left. Alberti is too young I doubt he cooks period. Probably eats out every day.  You need a seasoned cook hosting these shows someone like Mary Beth Roe who actually makes a well balanced meal every day for her family.  No one under 40 knows how to cook anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Loved that!

Sadly the Gourmet Holiday shows have not been the same since Dan Wheeler left. Alberti is too young I doubt he cooks period. Probably eats out every day.  You need a seasoned cook hosting these shows someone like Mary Beth Roe who actually makes a well balanced meal every day for her family.  No one under 40 knows how to cook anymore.

I completely disagree that you need a seasoned cook to host these shows.  You aren't really cooking these foods.  They're heat and serve or open and eat.  There may be a few exceptions to this but not many.  

I liked Sharon but didn't particularly like Dan Wheeler.  I do like Alberti.  Age has nothing to do with hosting one of these shows.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Loved that!

I completely disagree that you need a seasoned cook to host these shows.  You aren't really cooking these foods.  They're heat and serve or open and eat.  There may be a few exceptions to this but not many.  

I liked Sharon but didn't particularly like Dan Wheeler.  I do like Alberti.  Age has nothing to do with hosting one of these shows.  

@NickNack @Reever   NickNack you are right. And as far as I know, Dan W. Is not a cook. Alberti has posted foods he has cooked on his Instagram. And if I remember correctly, Mary Beth has recently stated she rarely cooks anymore. Orders out and has foods catered for get together.