Occasional Contributor

Gourmet Holiday was difficult to watch yesterday. Antonella, whom I like, was quite offensive and a bit crude. Constantly eating and both hosts keep waving their forks around and inserting their saliva onto presentation food.

Rachel does this also, when she is on. Use the fork once and get rid of it.

Taste the food and tell us how delicious it is. Thanks, got that off my chest.

Esteemed Contributor

@drob812 wrote:

Gourmet Holiday was difficult to watch yesterday. Antonella, whom I like, was quite offensive and a bit crude. Constantly eating and both hosts keep waving their forks around and inserting their saliva onto presentation food.

Rachel does this also, when she is on. Use the fork once and get rid of it.

Taste the food and tell us how delicious it is. Thanks, got that off my chest.

---------------

Absolutely agree!!   I watch the food shows because I like to see new food items.  But some of the hosts are so difficult to watch. And recently, there are fewer new food products.

I enjoy Antonella, but not hosting food shows.  She eats and talks at the same time....so disgusting!

And Rachel is another host who just overdoes her reaction to the food.  Very loud and obnoxious!

And yes, I change the channel and just look online for the new items.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday

[ Edited ]

I didn't watch the show, but I am not a fan of Antonella. 

Trusted Contributor

I can't watch a food show when Alberti is hosting.....turn off right away!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I had the TV on yesterday when Antonella's show came on.  When she spoke her first words she was yelling at the top of her lungs.  We audience members don't need amplified sound.  I made a dive to turn it off.

I know she's a popular host with many but I can no longer stand to watch her excesses,  too much everything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I had the TV on yesterday when Antonella's show came on.  When she spoke her first words she was yelling at the top of her lungs.  We audience members don't need amplified sound.  I made a dive to turn it off.

I know she's a popular host with many but I can no longer stand to watch her excesses,  too much everything.

Yes, I agree you found the perfect words! 

Valued Contributor

Squishing food, poking food, eating food with gusto do not make me want to buy food.  I do not need overdone facial expressions or happy dances.  I need to know what it is, how it is flavored, how it is prepared.  And I do not require a hundred ways to serve a food item.  Whoever is training show hosts should be fired!  All of these hosts,newbies and veterans need to tone down the presentations.  Even ms Bennett with surefit was obnoxious!  Antonella hopefully will never be allowed to host another food show...she was ridiculous...”you have not eaten pizza until you have eaten Italian pizza”!  I think she needs to move to Italy where she will be surrounded with Italian gold and pizza.

Trusted Contributor
 @phluphy wrote:

@phluphy  ITA  He is definitely what you would call “over-zealous!” He also talks at warp speed.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Regular Contributor

I enjoy watching ITKWD. He makes me laugh. The only criticism I have and this applies to not only the food shows but all of the shows. How many times do they have to show the Today Special? We know the colors and how many have been sold. One other thing is that I really enjoyed seeing Chris Pryme yesterday. 

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:
 @phluphy wrote:

@phluphy  ITA  He is definitely what you would call “over-zealous!” He also talks at warp speed.

I like him alot. He's not loud,over bearing, posing, and is always pleasnt. We need more men on the Q and less, loud . posing woman, who want to tell us where we can wear our clothing,and tell us about their Kids. I especially like those going to the opera, or Brroadway shows, or ballet. Never been there ,never will, and most shoppers won't either.