Super Contributor
Given the evolution of the show to present day offerings, the name is now misleading. Snacks, vitamin packed drinks, and dressed up chicken are neither gourmet, or enticing fare for holiday festivities. I am not against the selling of these products but I am nearly always disappointed at the lack of gourmet holiday choices.
Honored Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday Evolution

Not to mention that it is apparently going on for FIVE HOURS!  Talk about an audience vacater.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They probably don't know what else to call it.  Assign the task to the MBA's on staff.

Esteemed Contributor

@bluetail fly  I have to agree with you. Gourmet Holiday used to mean Harry London chocolates in specialty tins, prime rib for the special family gathering and spiral cut ham.  I think you could include the Corky's pork chops for the 4th of July BBQ holiday, and a few other offerings. But, on the whole, not hitting the mark. I tuned in thinking maybe we would see some early CIJ offerings, but no dice.

Super Contributor

PA Mom-mom, exactly. I wouldn't bother to tune in to watch the majority of today's selections. Maybe we'll have better luck this weekend.
Respected Contributor

a few things that look delish!   

brisket burgers

scones 

limoncello cake

gourmet is subjective

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Even if I wanted to buy I can't due to heat.  My UPS delivers to my area late afternoon but loads the truck ear;y morning.  Sitting in a truck all day in Texas heat means nothing is still frozen.  

Respected Contributor

i ordered the scones in the new lemon/white chocolate option.

i've had these scones a couple years ago and they were so good.    butterscotch chip if i remember correctly.

so easy to do in the air fryer.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually try to watch the food shows during the holiday season.  In the past, I have found foods that I cannot find around here and have purchased several items for holiday gifts.  

But I have never understood why the hosts have to eat and stuff their mouths!!  Everyone knows that they are going to say the food is 'delicious, the best' etc, etc.  They are not going to spit the food out and say 'disgusting' or state that the food is  'greasy or tasteless'.  I find that reading the reviews helps me determine if I should consider purchasing - not what the hosts say.....

Super Contributor

Credit where credit is due:  today's show is considerably better.