Regular Contributor

I am a senior and just to remind you it was people my age who put QVC on the map. I can no longer buy clothes from you.

Most women my age cannot wear short sleeves, tight jeans, etc. 

When you get my age the weight seems to shift to the middle, larger waist snd slimmer hips. There is nothing for me in the pants line either.

We built your company and then you left us behind.

I would like to see QVC2 to be for us with clothing we can wear. I am handicapped now and have to do all my shopping on line but you have nothing to offer me. You are catering to the young and that is wonderful but you didn't need to leave us behind. 

I live in a senior community with 72 homes and most all were QVC shoppers at one time and feel the same way I do. I cannot think of any department store on line that has excluded me as QVC has. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Stardust2, I am sorry that you are experiencing this.  On the other hand, I feel that QVC has a wonderful selection for everyone.  Like you, I have been shopping with the Q since its inception, and I have seen fashions continue to improve.  I remember when fashion shows were few and far between; and, now, there are fashion shows every day on at least one of their channels.

I am someone who never shops at the mall since I was at a local mall when there was a shooting and six people were killed.  I depend on QVC for all of my attire.  Every day, I get compliments on what I wear.

I know that my upper arms are not good, even though I have always lifted weights.  I inherited my grandmother's arms, so I look for longer short sleeves and 3/4 length.  I seem to have quite a selection of tops that look good, and I appreciate that the Q posts arm measurements, which no other shopping channel or catalog does.

As for jeans and regular pants, I just look at the measurements.  I will say that since I retired, I work out about 5 or 6 times a week and so pants fit better.

I do usually pick up something on HSN from Antthony's line, but I find that Evine's clothes really appeal to younger people, and the reviews are not necessarily good.

In the end, it really is one's perspective. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Stardust2 I am sorry you are experiencing this as well. 

My mom is 90 and we live in different states.  For the past five years or so, I purchase all her clothes -- from foundation garments, casual clothes, church clothes, shoes, etc. 

From QVC, I buy her Quacker Factory jeans and capris because they fit her great and she loves them. Not many of their tops suit her, but sometimes I can get her one of their less-blinged-out tops that she loves.  The quality is great.  She also has Denim & Co.'s staple jeans, of which they have sold millions, and alot of their tops that come long enough to cover what she wants to cover.  Also a few pair of Clark's shoes, Ryka sneakers, and Bob Mackie jackets -- to name just a few things. 

I just say this to show that I personally have no need or taste for any of the things I regularly buy my mom, yet I like a lot of QVC's other brands and designs (I also like other online sites too) that fit my taste.  I really feel it's personal taste, and there's something for everyone.

QVC may not present on TV all the things they still have for "seniors," but they still have lots of things.  I hardly ever wait for a TV presentation; I search for what I need for her online, comparison shop other sites, and then make the purchase. 

I hope you find more things you like, from QVC or other sites.

Honored Contributor

@Stardust  I don't understand your complaint.  There are plenty of clothing choices at QVC so that there is something to fit virtually every taste and figure type.  There are oodles of 3/4 length or long sleeve shirts for those who don't want to show their arms.  The majority of pants have comfy elastic waists and are made of fabric containing stretchy Spandex.  May of the shirts also contain Spandex and easily go over the head so there are no buttons for stiff fingers. 

What is it that you want?   Seems as though you'd already have a huge selection. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Stardust  I don't understand your complaint.  There are plenty of clothing choices at QVC so that there is something to fit virtually every taste and figure type.  There are oodles of 3/4 length or long sleeve shirts for those who don't want to show their arms.  The majority of pants have comfy elastic waists and are made of fabric containing stretchy Spandex.  May of the shirts also contain Spandex and easily go over the head so there are no buttons for stiff fingers. 

What is it that you want?   Seems as though you'd already have a huge selection. 

The only pants I can wear are the ones that have elastic only in the back. The ones that have elastic all the way around cut into my sides. Forget Isaac's because I can't wear them that tight and at 75 I don't think I am a Woman In Control. Bothe of these vendors are very entertaining to me. Forget Susan Graver. I remember the day when she made real clothes for reasonable prices and the fabrics were beautiful, not anymore. Her whole personality has changed and the price is over the moon! I have a hard time concentrating on a item when she is talking. (the energizer bunny) I can do much better at Macy's and many other places for far less however I do miss the Q.

Regarding your statement about "plenty of long sleeve/ 3/4 sleeve shirts at the Q, I don't care for the bold prints at all. To each her own. Months back I found a pair of pants in another closet from QVC with the sewn in tag. I knew they were old but I tried them on and loved them so I went back and they were still on line. I bought 2 more pair and they quickly took them off line???

I wouldn't think of taking the chance on return shipping prices so I order a few things like First Aid Beauty, Tula,etc.

I never order jewelry because it is expensive everywhere. Two years ago in N. CA. we had terrible fires and were evacuated. My home was burglarized and every piece of jewelry I owned was stolen. I had gold jewelry I had from the 60's when I worked in the fine jewelry business. ID was stolen as well as checks.

Anyway, good luck Kachina26 and I hope I answered all of your questions. 

Valued Contributor

When i began shopping at the Q i was not an apple but times change and my body has, too.  I find that I have lots of Q choices.  Women with Control pants with the waist that has no elastic band are supremely comfortable. I use the garment measurements to make every purchase. 

It seems to me that my aging figure is well dressed at the Q. My friends are always surprised i find such nice pieces here. I also shop at Nordstrom, Neiman's, Garnet Hill. 

Honored Contributor

Watch Denim and Co. shows every Tues morning. They cater to the middle age set and on up.  stay away from Logo shows.

Check the program guide for Gary's shows. He and Carolyn do a great job of presenting the clothes.

Susan Graver, also, is for the pricier set.  If you can't find something in here to wear (make sure to read the 'click here' measurements) you sure won't be able to find anything at the malls.