Contributor

D&C - Why no reorders and no inventory?

I remember about a decade ago, if you liked something from D&C, you could go order it any time and the inventory was there. You could go back months later and find a decent assortment. Now it's like everything is so limited. You say "only order" but not all the colors are offered again even in the supposed new order. Things go on clearance with lightening speed. I find there are so many new items, maybe there's no room for the tried and true stuff that is loved. Waitlist used to be readily available. Now it's like one and done. If you don't get it the day it's shown on air, you're out of luck. And nothing seems to come back in stock. And if it does and you happen to miss it, you're out of luck again. It's very frustrating. Can you do something to have more popular items reordered more often and keep some choices in inventory? Also, sometimes I DVR shows and see I missed a "buy more save more" because it's only the one day. Would it be so bad to offer your customers who watch it the next day (even on demand) the same deal for a week or so? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: D&C - Why no reorders and no inventory?

You haven't gotten what they want you to do, buy only when it suits them.  Inventory costs a company money.  QVC doesn't do anything to benefit a customer!

Honored Contributor

Things have changed and QVC no longer gets multiple shipments of the same item throughout the season.  Unfortunately, it's one and done so if you miss something you wanted, you'll have to hope it reappears next year. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

A decade ago?  You can't expect something not to change over a decade.

QVC Customer Care

@SuzyO wrote:

I remember about a decade ago, if you liked something from D&C, you could go order it any time and the inventory was there. You could go back months later and find a decent assortment. Now it's like everything is so limited. You say "only order" but not all the colors are offered again even in the supposed new order. Things go on clearance with lightening speed. I find there are so many new items, maybe there's no room for the tried and true stuff that is loved. Waitlist used to be readily available. Now it's like one and done. If you don't get it the day it's shown on air, you're out of luck. And nothing seems to come back in stock. And if it does and you happen to miss it, you're out of luck again. It's very frustrating. Can you do something to have more popular items reordered more often and keep some choices in inventory? Also, sometimes I DVR shows and see I missed a "buy more save more" because it's only the one day. Would it be so bad to offer your customers who watch it the next day (even on demand) the same deal for a week or so? 

@SuzyO Hi, Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our customers. We have shared your feedback with our merchandising team. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us.  Kinski, Customer Care

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried for months before summer started to buy white how timeless boot cut pants.
After all that and they never did come in, I gave up and went elsewhere.

I'm just so done with QVC, and I've been here since before it was QVC!

I've always worn those pants, they fit perfect and wore like iron.. It saddens me..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

It's been trending this way over the last couple years.  I will say this year is the worst by far.  It's like the line is being phased out.

Contributor

@makena wrote:

A decade ago?  You can't expect something not to change over a decade.

So I should expect a company's service to degrade because 10 years have passed? Some companies gotten better over the same 10 years, such as Amazon. I do expect change, not degradation in service, quality and availability of products. Conversely, with the high prices we pay, I would expect that to improve over time. 

Valued Contributor

I don't think QVC's service has declined at all over the last 10 years.  Each time I have had a problem, Customer Service has solved the problem exactly as I wanted and a couple of times even better than I expected.  

Merchandising has changed over the last 10 years. The Q attempts to consistently year around offer certain items such as those same elastic waist ankle length D&C tapered pants. They had them even when tapered or ankle length was out of style. Why? Because they consistently sell thousands of them year around. 

Now their sales volume records show that their sales are higher if they follow a more similar schedule to brick and mortar stores and bring in new items on a consistent seasonal basis. In some ways this benefits the consumer as they put things on sale faster and the "as is" sections offer good discounts that used to be shipped to eBay sellers. 

Times change and they offer more easy pay than ever before so that customers have more interest-free opportunities to fill in with seasonal items. In other departments, items such as special batteries, sponge daddies, shower curtains, etc are always available and do not change seasonally. 

If there is something you want and do not see, send an email or several from the website in the "contact us" section. Customer request made in a nice tone has a big impact. 

Frequent Contributor

I would love to see them keep the "staples" in inventory. I can understand why they don't do this with items that are more seasonal, and understand that it takes time to manufacture and ship.

I cannot afford to buy every single color of an item at one time, so I tend to order maybe only 1 or 2 at a time until I can get all of the colors that I would like to have.  I love the oversized shirts, I'm disabled and they are soooo much easier for me to deal with than a fitted tshirt. I've tried ordering from another vendor but their cotton shirts are so lightweight.

So maybe some food for thought, IMO would keep some return customers around.