Honored Contributor

Re: Glare from glasses

[ Edited ]

Shawn's glasses are LOGO reading glasses.  I have no idea how she can wear them like she does because she had said she wears them because she likes them, not because she needs them.  I have contacts and have to wear reading glasses to see up close. But I cannot wear my reading glasses and see far away.  Everything is blurry.

I don't know if she took the lenses out and had 0.0 lenses put in so she can wear them or if she suffers through wearing them because she likes them so much. 

I love the glasses but there is such a horrible glare that it is very distracting as others have mentioned.  I'm surprised they haven't said anything to her.  It has to drive the camera people nuts trying to adjust for that glare.

Funny thing is, I'd not seen her in them in awhile.  Last week someone posted on her FB page that her glasses had a bad glare and all of a sudden, she had them on the next day. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Theres an anti-glare coating available that most on-air people have applied to their glasses.  It makes them almost disappear unless they also have huge,  black,  ugly frames. 

@Kachina624

I thought they were fake clear glasses ....  but if not ....   certainly she can afford the anti glare coating!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Theres an anti-glare coating available that most on-air people have applied to their glasses.  It makes them almost disappear unless they also have huge,  black,  ugly frames. 

@Kachina624

I thought they were fake clear glasses ....  but if not ....   certainly she can afford the anti glare coating!

@Tinkrbl44  They probably are a pitiful "fashion statement"  which is why she didn't put any money into them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Dennis Basso came on stage wearing glasses.  Shawn asked about the glasses and he said they weren't real.  He chuckled and put the glasses on his head.  They weren't seen again.  The look on her face was priceless.  The joke was on her.

why on earth would you announce to the public that you're wearing clear glasses, big old black framed glasses, and assure everyone that you have no need of them?  Just another unfashionable statement.  Attention  seeking again.  

Agree that it is willful defiance.  Only after the complaints about the glare that they resurfaced.  Like last Monday when she brought up the infamous dispute about the "star" moon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn is one of the hosts I don't watch, so no problem for me Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

@Tinkrbl44  They probably are a pitiful "fashion statement"  which is why she didn't put any money into them. 

It costs very little, @Kachina624. Walmart will do it for a pittance. She just adores all the talk about her and her glasses.

Honored Contributor

If she needs glasses, let her wear them.  She needs to see, too.