Respected Contributor

Suggestion:  For all food items list show the calorie on the website and with the item description on the television.  Would also love to see amounts of protein, carbs, sugars etc.

Saw a few things yesterday during the gourmet food show but nothing showed the nutritional value, so I passed.

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the food I see has none to speak of....frosted cookies - cakes - biscuits - popcorn - muffins - pie = lots of sugar.  

If you want healthy - I'd choose another channel.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Most of the food I see has none to speak of....frosted cookies - cakes - biscuits - popcorn - muffins - pie = lots of sugar.  

If you want healthy - I'd choose another channel.

LOL  Good point.  Well, popcorn is high in fiber.  But it might also be chock full of fat and salt.

Esteemed Contributor

It is very rare for a food item on the QVC website not to have a "Nutrition" PDF file in its description that lists all the things you're requesting. In addition, when items have special attributes such as being low in fat or calories, being gluten free, or being high in protein, this is almost always mentioned during the presentation.

Respected Contributor

When I'm on my phone, the PDF doesn't show as an option.....should be listed in desription.

Trusted Contributor

After they get done squishing it, smashing it and breaking it apart, I pass on all the overpriced food they show.  Gross!

Respected Contributor

If anyone has looked at the nutritionals on some of the presented food items, QVC is certainly not going to post on-air the nutritionals of those items with high sodium, high cholesterol, and/or high sugar values.

Respected Contributor

It seems most everything they sell is extremely fattening stuff.  Cheesecakes, coffee cake, etc.  They probably don't want to emphasize that point.  But I agree, I would want the info, I rely heavily on that in making purchasing decisions for food.  So much non-obvious ingredients buried in foods nowadays you must be careful if you're watching your weight.

Trusted Contributor

I'm turned off by the squishing of the food and the prices.  Alberti is doing the food shows lately and i just can't watch him.  Oh, everything they taste is delicious.  Except when you get it home and try it.  Of course they do not say it isn't that great So to me it is all phony...

Honored Contributor

Showing this info during the live presentations would deter a lot of people from ordering. Most of the food offerings are high in sugar, fat, sodium, and CALORIES!

This is similar to when l want to order something tempting from a restaurant menu. As soon as l see the amount of calories in the item, l say "never mind," and order something else. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~