Honored Contributor

Re: Follow example set by Amazon Prime

I use Walmart Plus, but I order so much, it's worth it to me.  QVC doesn't carry most of what I purchase.  

Something similar to Plus and Prime wouldn't be advantageous for me. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Paying Amazon Prime has advantages to justify its cost that doesn't exist for QVC.

Prime  has its own fleet of aircrafts and vans for deliveries. Prime offers a streaming service. Prime offers an additional discount at Whole Foods. That's what makes Prime worth it for many.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

my problem with Amazon is i have a po box.  i had 4 items in my cart yesterday, and they would not deliver ANY of them.  Yes, i have tried doing my street address (semi rural area) but they don't recognize my street address as valid. (since we do not get delivery,the po box is not by choice)

can not get hsn or Q to deliver me a new phone.  Tracfone will.  we have considered getting prime for the tv, but what is the point if i can't get them to deliver most of what i want?

@kittyloo  I think if you use the address for the Post Office and put your BOX number it will be ok. I know people do that and it works. Put the street address and the # sign and the number of your box. You can also ask someone at the P.O about it.

People in the Caribbean who also buy from Amazon, have PO box in Miami with a Company. They use the address of the Company and then on the street address they put the # sign and the number of their box.

Honored Contributor

While I like Amazon Prime, there is no way I'd pay a fee to Q.  

Honored Contributor

I will never pay a fee to any company for them 'allowing' me to shop there.

I would like to see free shipping on orders over $X amount like SO many other vendors do.

QVC does not sell life sustaining items, so fast delivery is not an issue for me.

Who is in a rush for another clothing item?  I'm not.

Won't buy from Amazon unless it is a last resort and a life saving item not sold anywhere else.  I'll pay more elsewhere and wait for my items.

Respected Contributor

I love Amazon and Amazo Prime - it's totally worth what they charge.  But you receive items in 1 or 2 days.  Plus they have almost "everything" I look for and find everywhere else but generally cheaper.  I like the Prime Video too -  makes it even more worth the cost.

I would definitely be for QVC charging a monthly or annual delivery fee that included free returns.  But how quickly would they ship and process returns?  That would be the questiion.

I joined Walmart Plus last November but I don't think it's worth it.   I like the free shipping but it's not super fast shipping like Amazon Prime.  I'll cancel it this year.

Valued Contributor

Love Amazon Prime as well .  Suddenly I became house bound due to a knee infection and it's been a blessing . I have about 6 more weeks of this , if it wasn't for Amazon Prime and Walmart's curbside pick up ( l order on line and my husband picks it up ) l would be lost ! 

Frequent Contributor

Check and see if Amazon has a cluster lock boxes near you.Yes you will have to pick items up but at least you can get the things you want or need.  Have an excellent day!

Honored Contributor

We moved smack dab into the middle of the woods 15 years ago.  I went to local post office and somehow they entered our address into some master data base and we were recognized.  

Trusted Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

my problem with Amazon is i have a po box.  i had 4 items in my cart yesterday, and they would not deliver ANY of them.  Yes, i have tried doing my street address (semi rural area) but they don't recognize my street address as valid. (since we do not get delivery,the po box is not by choice)

can not get hsn or Q to deliver me a new phone.  Tracfone will.  we have considered getting prime for the tv, but what is the point if i can't get them to deliver most of what i want?

I wish they could for you.  Do you happen to have a trusted relative or neighbor to use their address?  Just a thought.