Respected Contributor

Follow example set by Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

I know many will not agree with me, but I would love to see QVC has a set monthly charge for a service like Prime on Amazon.  I purchase enough that i would join for a monthly fee that would allow me to have no additional shipping both ways once I pay the monthly fee.  I pay for Amazon Prime because for me its worth $15. a month to not have the hassle of keeping track of shipping charges for returns.  i ordered 2 pair of shoes on Friday from Amazon, one is alrready here today, Sunday, and the other is coming tomorrow.  If they dont fit or I dont like them I can send them back for a full refund which I get immediately on shipping them back. I am tired of waiting for refunds from qvc, tired of paying the label on each thing i take to the post office, and tired of waiting for free shipping days, which i still might have to return and be charged for the return.  Guess Im done with all the shipping charges on qvc; I like the Amazon Prime route.  Saves me time and trouble. No one would be forced to join a prime membership, but at least make something available to those of us who shop a lot with qvc.  The number of things I buy, it would be worth it to me and maybe others too and their sales numbers would go up. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Follow example set by Amazon Prime

I agree that Amazon Prime is the best!  It is worth the additional cost because of the additional perks and they deliver!  The issue would be - we buy a lot off of Amazon...I rarely purchase from QVC.  You would have to be a frequent purchaser to make it worth while.

Respected Contributor

my problem with Amazon is i have a po box.  i had 4 items in my cart yesterday, and they would not deliver ANY of them.  Yes, i have tried doing my street address (semi rural area) but they don't recognize my street address as valid. (since we do not get delivery,the po box is not by choice)

can not get hsn or Q to deliver me a new phone.  Tracfone will.  we have considered getting prime for the tv, but what is the point if i can't get them to deliver most of what i want?

Esteemed Contributor

Too funny.  I have not been inside a store for the last couple of years and totally rely on Amazon.

No way will I pay a monthly fee, cheap to the core 😂😂😂

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Apparently that is not working for Shop HQ.  For 16.99 you can get your shipping back as well as a certain percentage like Rakuten and even get cash back at other retailers.  However you have to apply for everything after each purchase.  I tried the free trial and ended up canceling - they obviously think that many will forget as there is a short time you have to claim refunds and it's a time consuming process.  They raised their shipping costs to force joining but I now buy less -  well their fashions and kitchen stuff are not as great as it used to be.  It seems the monthly charge would have to be high because just reading here there seems to be a lot of returns but maybe only a set amount of free returns.  

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I agree that Amazon Prime is the best!  It is worth the additional cost because of the additional perks and they deliver!  The issue would be - we buy a lot off of Amazon...I rarely purchase from QVC.  You would have to be a frequent purchaser to make it worth while.

Agree; but I do purchase at least 10 items a month so for me it would be worthwhile. I realize for many it would not be worth it, but my point was it would be nice to offer it to people who spend enough to make it worthwhile.

Respected Contributor

I also realize qvc is paying for hosts and airtime so their overhead is much different than 

Amazon.  So many on this forum say they don't watch the presentations on tv anyway, they just go online and order.  I know its not the same, but I would just like the option as Amazon offers the option.

Respected Contributor

amazon prime is far more than returns.  

perhaps  Q could set up a return club of some sort.   buy n try sort of thing for those needing frequent returns.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

Was skeptical about Prime, but got used to it in such a short time. Love that their delivery system is so quick (usually just overnight) and that they keep me informed by email about how many stops away (on a city map no less) my precious package is before delivery.  And then the delivery person emails me a photograph of my package at my apartment door.  Great service!

I bought some Bare Minerals tinted moisturizer from Q last week and it hasn't even been sent out  to me yet!  Talk about being old fashion, out of date, not modern; that's qvc.   I don't watch hardly at all these days, but it looks as though expensive food and Isaac clothes are the main items being offered.  And Rick is about to bust a gut selling those crab cakes.  yikes.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

I know many will not agree with me, but I would love to see QVC has a set monthly charge for a service like Prime on Amazon.  I purchase enough that i would join for a monthly fee that would allow me to have no additional shipping both ways once I pay the monthly fee.  I pay for Amazon Prime because for me its worth $15. a month to not have the hassle of keeping track of shipping charges for returns.  i ordered 2 pair of shoes on Friday from Amazon, one is alrready here today, Sunday, and the other is coming tomorrow.  If they dont fit or I dont like them I can send them back for a full refund which I get immediately on shipping them back. I am tired of waiting for refunds from qvc, tired of paying the label on each thing i take to the post office, and tired of waiting for free shipping days, which i still might have to return and be charged for the return.  Guess Im done with all the shipping charges on qvc; I like the Amazon Prime route.  Saves me time and trouble. No one would be forced to join a prime membership, but at least make something available to those of us who shop a lot with qvc.  The number of things I buy, it would be worth it to me and maybe others too and their sales numbers would go up. 

@Catch71 

I understand your point, but comparing Amazon to QVC is like comparing apples to oranges.   They are two completely different retailers, with different business models.  It's much more than just an "example" that another retailer should follow.

I think it also depends on how many people and their age groups in your household.  Personally, I have a great wardrobe ... and don't really need much right now.  

Some people could find things to buy on Amazon every month of the year because they have a much more vast range of products available.   There is no way QVC could match what they do without a massive overhaul of how they do business, and what they offered to consumers.

Personally, I haven't purchased anything from Amazon in at least two years.  It's good for price matching, but I find Ebay a better system, and it's also much more user friendly for buyers.