Occasional Contributor

I will only purchase an item if I know where it is fair trade. The price doesn't sway my decision if I know the people making the product are treated and paid poorly.  Please tell us exactly where products are made. 

Trusted Contributor

What do you mean by asking to know "exactly" where a product is made?  I believe right now QVC can readily provide what country something is made in.

All my clothes from QVC have labels showing the country and so do my household products or kitchen equipment I buy. 

How does knowing more than the country of origin indicate a fair trade agreement? Would the factory name and address prove the standard you ask for? Should you have access to the contracts between QVC and mfrs it deals with?

I admire your willingness not to buy without knowing there is respect and proper pay for workers making the products, but I don't think a more granular level of information can be provided to satisfy you.  How much information is "exact" enough to induce you to place an order?

Respected Contributor

Maybe Google "Fairtrade certified" as I just did, as I'm never sure I understand what it actually means when an item (like a chocolate bar in the grocery store) says that.

It is explained online how products qualify to be branded as "fair-trade", and while QVC items are marked "made in..." it's not specified as "fair trade" and maybe that's what OP wants.

I used to work for a boutique that carried as many FT items as possible. It was always marked as such, and we always displayed a picture  and story of who was making these items, how it was benefitting their lives/economy etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @amyb, I did Google and learned quite a bit.  @Nonewnane  check it out.  fair trade certified.org All one word

Honored Contributor

I've never seen QVC show online or say live which country (unless USA) something is made in, they only say "imported."

It's not til I get it home that I can read on the tag or bottom of something where it was made.

I've also not found out that something was not sold in CA -(prop 65) until I got it home. I returned it when I found out.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

So many products in international trade are made in a combination of countries.  For instance, computers made in China contain processors, microchips, made by Intel in plants in the USA as well as many other countries, including those in Europe. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonewnane wrote:

I will only purchase an item if I know where it is fair trade. The price doesn't sway my decision if I know the people making the product are treated and paid poorly.  Please tell us exactly where products are made. 

@Nonewnane  

You got me interested in Fair Trade so I went to Amazon, typed in Fair trade and lots of pages came up.  Small businesses from all over the world.  Hand made as well as produced goods.  It's a start!  Not for mass produced items but worth a look.  Kroger and Whole Foods also mentioned on the Fair trade site.

Honored Contributor

I prefer fair trade products too. The item has to be clearly identified or labeled 'fair trade' to know if it really is that. The country doesn't tell you anything.