Honored Contributor

With so many different fabrics .. each vendor has their version(s) of poly knits ... it would be very useful for QVC to have fabric sample packs for each vendor.

The only vendors I care about are Lori Goldstein and Susan Graver.  Maybe you could start off with those two.   SG's liquid knit is of particular interest.  It often feels like completely different fabrics from garment to garment, and what she says is pants weight is rather flimsy on the models.

Even 3x5" swatches of each fabric in a solid and a print would be great. I need to see the reverse sides of prints.  And - for each individual fabric - color swatches would help us match / coordinate.

Even if you charged a small fee (say $10) ... it would save people from ordering something made of a fabric they don't like.

Esteemed Contributor

Let me see if I understand this.

You want QVC or the vender to send fabric swatches to their customers so that they can pick and choose which fabric they like best before any gament is made.

That just seems like it would be a production nightmare in the making.

By the time someone made up their mind about what fabric they liked best, the gament would be long since sold out.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

That’s way above their ability 

Honored Contributor

Will never happen.

I look at the description of the fabrication, then the price.

If the price is low, the fabrication is probably cheap.

But you are right, the only thing consistent is the inconsistency of fabric

Honored Contributor

@software.  I've discovered if the price is lower than normal, it wasn't made in China.

@ALRATIBA.  Dream on about getting fabric samples.  Not going to happen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Fabric quality is why I shop at QVC.  I find I can trust the quality of the fabric.  What I find in B&M stores feels cheap to me.  @ALRATIBA  Of course, you being in NYC would have plenty more choices of stores in shop in.  I envy you that!  I have lost my interest in mall shopping because of the feel of the fabric in most cases.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

You want QVC or the vender to send fabric swatches to their customers so that they can pick and choose which fabric they like best before any gament is made.

@Anonymous032819 

No ... I just want to feel samples of fabrics they already use.  For instance ... there are several weights of liquid knit according to Susan Graver.  When she says she has a heavier pant weight - I'd like to feel it before I spend $50 on a pair of pants.  

Her liquid knit is so inconsistent .... I won't order it anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fabric Samples

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

No ... I just want to feel samples of fabrics they already use.  For instance ... there are several weights of liquid knit according to Susan Graver.  When she says she has a heavier pant weight - I'd like to feel it before I spend $50 on a pair of pants.  

Her liquid knit is so inconsistent .... I won't order it anymore.

So you want swatches sent out to people who might buy.

They would have to send out swatches to every single customer that QVC has.

Not feasible.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Contributor

Good idea @ALRATIBA but I don't think they'll ever do it.

Honored Contributor

@tmiam wrote:

Good idea @ALRATIBA but I don't think they'll ever do it.

@tmiam 

Neither do I .... it wouldn't be in their best interest.   I honestly think they'd lose sales if we could feel the fabrics before we bought the product..

Just look at all the reviews that mention they are returning something because of the fabric?