Valued Contributor

I did not miss the hosts sampling the food during food presentations.  But now that COVID19 restrictions are being relaxed we've returned to the practice of eating everything in sight.  I guess they've been starving for the past year and now have to make up for it.

Please stop, having the hosts tasting the food adds nothing to the presentations, absolutely nothing.

And, what is done with all the food from these presentations, seems like such a waste of good food?

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!

First post about eating after the endless string about not eating.

🏆

Respected Contributor

The food belongs to the vendors, they're displaying it for sales so it's being used & not wasted.

Respected Contributor

I like the food tasting as now I can see David's famous  HAPPY DANCE!!   

I was disappointed though as tuned in to ITKWD yesterday and didn't see one HD.  Did I miss it?

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

Good one!

I was waiting for these threads to pop up...now I am waiting for that deer that munches popcorn.

Yawn, such an old, repeated story.  Don't eat, don't chew, don't enjoy, don't mush etc etc.

I'm on Team 'How about don't watch food shows?'

They need to sell, make it seem delish and will do what is necessary.

Regular Contributor

I watched a bit of the food show today, and I've watched them before. I have never seen the "gobbling," the "groaning," or the "moaning" described in these threads. Of course they hosts are going to say the food is great; they are selling it!

The "wasting" of food complaint is up again. Well, again, the Q is selling food, o they are going to present it. If the food is fresh, some of it may be eaten later, but a lot of that stuff is "styled." It"s made to look good for long periods under hot lights. It's inedible! I remember a Temptations TSV mug that they created a "wheel of food" for. That thing was there all day! The whipped cream on the sundaes was not real, and everything else was long past edible. It's an expense the Q and the vendors are willing to have.

Valued Contributor

There has to be a happy medium.  I too hate the scrunching of cookies and excessive food on display.  I am not sure an audience needs to see 140 potstickers on a table in three flavors.  I am more interested in the size of the bag I need to stuff in my freezer.  And a host does not need six ribeye steaks to cut in bite size pieces...one will be okay.  And suggest ways to prepare and not have multiple arranged meals on plates.  If the staff is allowed to eat all of that food then I have no problem with 140 potstickers.  Hosts should refrain from large bites and squeeze one cookie only.

Honored Contributor

Re: FOOD PRESENTATIONS

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Still Raining 

Good one!

I was waiting for these threads to pop up...now I am waiting for that deer that munches popcorn.

Yawn, such an old, repeated story.  Don't eat, don't chew, don't enjoy, don't mush etc etc.

I'm on Team 'How about don't watch food shows?'

They need to sell, make it seem delish and will do what is necessary.

@RespectLife  But,but,but,during this past year when the hosts weren't doing any of those things, everyone was posting,why don't they eat, why don't they touch the food,bla,bla,bla. Darned if the do and darned if they don't. I see the deer in the near future!

Esteemed Contributor

Ask, and ye shall receive!

Here ya go!

tenor.gif

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Now if only the deer could do the Happy Dance!