Frequent Contributor

Exchanging Petite Size for Regular

I understand each has it's own separate item number, but length and overall fit is part of proper sizing.  I'm sure I'm not the first customer to ask why can't free exchange apply to reg. vs. petite sizing exchanges, especially with pants.  This past month I decided to try three new lines in jeans, capris, crops.  Some of the petites were too short even though I'm only 5'1".  So far, just to try new brands and styles, I've almost spent $100 in returns and exchanges (petites to regular lengths).  So...shame on me..lol.  The good news, I did find a new brand that I like and finally found my correct size.  Long story short....please consider free exchange on petites and regulars and vice versa.  Thank you!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Exchanging Petite Size for Regular

[ Edited ]

@Derwin28 ...   I agree with you.    what brand did you find?

Honored Contributor

@Derwin28   You're right, this is a cheap trick to avoid paying shipping on some exchanges.  You can narrow choices by carefully studying actual garment measurements before ordering.  They're found at the end of the text describing the garment.  Best to measure something you own that fits well and find similar measurements.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me personally Laurie Felt silky denim line.  Also tried Kim Gravel and Graver..no luck there.  And honestly, her line is the one I had the most problem with length-wise. Her petites in bells or flares were just a little too short, but her regular length a little to long unless I wear a higher wedge or heel.  Rather have them a little long than too short in these styles.  No problems with jeggings or anything that I can cuff though.  I just found for me, they fit better in waist, hip and thighs.

Respected Contributor

@Derwin28 wrote:

I understand each has it's own separate item number, but length and overall fit is part of proper sizing.  I'm sure I'm not the first customer to ask why can't free exchange apply to reg. vs. petite sizing exchanges, especially with pants.  This past month I decided to try three new lines in jeans, capris, crops.  Some of the petites were too short even though I'm only 5'1".  So far, just to try new brands and styles, I've almost spent $100 in returns and exchanges (petites to regular lengths).  So...shame on me..lol.  The good news, I did find a new brand that I like and finally found my correct size.  Long story short....please consider free exchange on petites and regulars and vice versa.  Thank you!

No...SHAME ON QVC!  Of course they should honor their free exchange policy regardless of the item number! It's still the same item. The number should be for inventory purposes only. SHAME ON YOU QVC!!!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran