Regular Contributor

I recently received 4 pieces of jewelry, each had a $3.50 shipping charge.  All 4 were sent in 1 box so I paid $14 shipping.  That's ridiculous.  I'm guessing they paid the same for that box regardless if there was 1 piece or 4......the weight was certainly not heavy.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree, don't know why one doesn't get a break on the shipping since QVC  combines orders in one box or package  at their discretion .  At one time QVC , I think I remember QVC discounting the shipping if you bought two of the same item. I might be wrong abt this , but thought that's how it was abt 20 yrs ago .

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Yes, that would certainly be a nice gesture on the Q's part, especially where their shipping/delivery times are so unreliable!
Super Contributor
I have shopped with QVC since the late 80's, but less and less since shipping increased, items became repeated ad infinitum, hosts' gift lists all became the same as regular programming, and many of the salespeople I enjoyed left.

The increase in shipping fees alone is a big factor in my looking elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

We know when we order that the S&H is per item.  It's not per box and it's not based on weight.  It's not just a mailing charge and we all know that.  You knew what the S&H charge would be when your ordered so it was not a surprise to you.  

Super Contributor
You're exactly right. My reaction has been simply to order less with QVC overall, and to watch for reduced prices and wait for free shipping days.

It's possible QVC could be interested in some of the reasons some people are buying less than in previous years.
Trusted Contributor

ThinkingCamille ..... You are right. QVC used to discount the shipping if you bought 2 or more. I don't know when they discontinued that practice.

Super Contributor
I like to praise as well as criticize when warranted. Hooray and kudos to QVC for another free shipping day. Placed my first order early this morning for an item I have been watching.
Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

ThinkingCamille ..... You are right. QVC used to discount the shipping if you bought 2 or more. I don't know when they discontinued that practice.

@Sheila P-Burg QVC stopped the shipping discount a few years ago when they reduced s/h charges.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

We know when we order that the S&H is per item.  It's not per box and it's not based on weight.  It's not just a mailing charge and we all know that.  You knew what the S&H charge would be when your ordered so it was not a surprise to you.  

Shoplc does the same thing.  In fact they encourage customers to use the buy all feature without telling them they are paying individually for the shipping and handling on each piece..