Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

@hyacinth003

I totally agree with the inconsistencies of the moderators - especially Beth who seems to have it out for me.  A couple days ago I asked the readers if they noticed that one of the people posting in the fashion section of the forum - and posting along with pictures of the items to be sold on HSN - couldn't possibly be the same person who is selling their fashions on HSN.  It was a simple question  I was asking and Beth removed it because it wasn't appropriate?  Excuse me....there was nothing wrong with asking a question which should have been very obvious to readers.  Some junk they let go on and on.....this will be my last post because the forum is very political and biased to what the image of QVC should be!

Nononoooooo! 

Your post flat-out accused a poster (whom I do not even like) by name of being a celebrity seller by name as if it was a fact, and you wondered why the moderators didn't do something about it, put a stop to it, why they allowed it, etc.

Outside of being ridiculous (what celebrity has time to do that, or would, seriously?) it was very inflammatory and stridently accusing.

Beth did good, IMO. That's the type of post that should be deleted. And no I didn't report it, but I did wait to see how long it was up. Not long :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

LOL, I have to wonder why some people are even here?   Personally I'd rather have a over moderated board than one that is not moderated at all.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

@debic wrote:

LOL, I have to wonder why some people are even here?   Personally I'd rather have a over moderated board than one that is not moderated at all.  

@debic

Exactly!!!

If people are so unhappy with the moderation of these boards, then they are free to find another board that is to their liking, or, even create one of their very own, where they can moderate it exactly how they see fit!

No one is forcing them to stay here, or even post here.

It's a choice that they themselves make to do that.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@grooms wrote:

@hyacinth003

I totally agree with the inconsistencies of the moderators - especially Beth who seems to have it out for me.  A couple days ago I asked the readers if they noticed that one of the people posting in the fashion section of the forum - and posting along with pictures of the items to be sold on HSN - couldn't possibly be the same person who is selling their fashions on HSN.  It was a simple question  I was asking and Beth removed it because it wasn't appropriate?  Excuse me....there was nothing wrong with asking a question which should have been very obvious to readers.  Some junk they let go on and on.....this will be my last post because the forum is very political and biased to what the image of QVC should be!

Nononoooooo! 

Your post flat-out accused a poster (whom I do not even like) by name of being a celebrity seller by name as if it was a fact, and you wondered why the moderators didn't do something about it, put a stop to it, why they allowed it, etc.

Outside of being ridiculous (what celebrity has time to do that, or would, seriously?) it was very inflammatory and stridently accusing.

Beth did good, IMO. That's the type of post that should be deleted. And no I didn't report it, but I did wait to see how long it was up. Not long :-)

@Moonchilde, it's funny how your version is so different.  The first version seemed so innocent.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva. LOL, that's the way they do it. Tell you how innocent their post was, and "oh, poor me, I was poofed". 

Then you you find out or have seen for yourself the true story. I see posters say they were just giving their opinion. Sometimes I was there and saw their opinion and it was super nasty and scathing. Big difference than an innocent opinion. 

Thank you Moonchild for the true story.

Honored Contributor

I rarely see the Original Post when something like this occurs, though I have seen times when the same thing has happened - why was my sweet innocent post deleted - and have read the "um, no, this is what your post actually said..." posts from others. I just happened to have seen this one - in part because I've noticed, shall we say, this person's posts before.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 yes and that has become a problem.Many have left and there isn't nearly as many new topics.

Esteemed Contributor

No moderating????  You have to be kidding.   I guess you didn't see what went on here on Christmas day??  This board definitly needs moderating.  

I too have wondered why something I said was deleted at times.  I also have had things deleted that was a duplicate, and there is no way to know that unless you live here like some.   I can say this,  that you can search the suject to see if it was already discusssed.

I think the Moderators have a very difficult job.  I personally think they do a great job and need to be appreciated for keeping these boards under control.  I saw one person recently slamming Beth.  I personally think Beth does a good job.  I have seen posts and wondered why they were not shut down and noticed that a few days later they were shut down by Beth.  I think that happens when she is off, because as soon as she is back poof!

Respected Contributor

Re: Enough "moderating"

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe...I have yet to understand why some posts are removed, while some posters are allowed to post "unkind", "argumentative", etc. posts on a daily basis and get away with it. I do agree, though, that the moderators do have a tough job.

Edited to add that there a couple of Mods who do interact with us in fun to lighten things up, which I appreciate, and I'm sure others do as well.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I would hope they can focus their efforts on moderating and not giving information on QVC programs or products. I replied to a moderator who gave out incorrect information on jewelry and recieved no response. The moderators represent the company and should be accountable for accuracy.